Jerusalem, Israel -- August 02, 2021. Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is pleased to announce that certification for ISO/IEC 27032:2012, an international standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), has been granted to Ex Libris. According to the ISO website, this standard "provides guidance for improving the state of Cybersecurity, drawing out the unique aspects of that activity and its dependencies on other security domains, in particular information security, network security, internet security, and critical information infrastructure protection (CIIP)."
ISO/IEC 27032:2012 certification requires that a company establish diverse types of controls, including application level controls, controls to protect servers and end-users, and controls to thwart social engineering attacks.
By achieving the cybersecurity certification, Ex Libris demonstrates its ongoing commitment to providing customers with the gold standard of data security and privacy and to applying globally recognized best practices. ISO/IEC 27032:2012 is now a component of the Ex Libris multi-tier privacy and security model, covering various aspects of cloud services.
In addition to the ISO/IEC 27032:2012 certification, Ex Libris is certified for the following ISO standards and is fully compliant with them:
- ISO/IEC 27701:2019, Security Techniques. This standard provides a code of practice for maintaining the privacy of data in a privacy information management system (PIMS).
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013, Information Security Management Systems. The standard helps ensure the adoption of appropriate security controls to protect the information of customers and other stakeholders.
- ISO/IEC 27018:2014, Cloud Privacy. The standard helps ensure the protection of personally identifiable information in the cloud computing environment.
- ISO/IEC 27017:2015, Security Controls for Cloud Services.
- ISO/IEC 22301:2019, Business Continuity Management (BCM)
Tomer Shemesh, Ex Libris chief information security officer, commented, "The ISO/IEC 27032:2012 certification is an example of how seriously Ex Libris takes data privacy and security. The certification provides some best practice recommendations on information security controls and technical guidance on risks relating to cybersecurity. We can now provide an even higher level of data protection, and we will continue to adopt the latest security standards for all our cloud services."
About Ex Libris
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based SaaS solutions that enable institutions and their individual users to create, manage, and share knowledge. In close collaboration with its customers and the broader community, Ex Libris develops innovative solutions that increase library productivity, maximize the impact of research activities, enhance teaching and learning, and drive student mobile engagement. Ex Libris serves over 7,500 customers in 90 countries. For more information, see our website and join us on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.