MIAMI (June 23, 2021) - Springshare is excited to announce the launch of LibCal's mapping module, a new tool that visually engages and informs library patrons. Its features include interactive floor maps for seat and space booking and event browsing, as well as directional event and appointment location sharing available to all platform users.
"LibCal's mapping module provides an exciting way for libraries to interact with their patrons online, share information, showcase building resources, and reduce booking confusion," said Slaven Zivkovic, Springshare Founder & CEO. "This is the first step towards creating a complete mapping layer for everything in the library with holdings and subject mapping features in the works."
Key highlights from LibCal's interactive mapping module include:
- Interactive floor maps with clickable "hotspots" that show real-time availability, capacity, and accessibility and power status for spaces and individual seats.
- A mapping homepage so users can quickly see available maps – or just one overview map – and navigate to a building, floorplan/zone, or space.
- The option to link to another interactive floor map or website, so users can easily navigate to a specific room's seat map or other library services.
- An event location viewing layer built right into an interactive map.
- Directional maps for individual spaces and seats, created from interactive maps, that are shared directly with end users during the booking process.
Additionally, event and appointment directional map sharing is available to all LibCal platform subscribers. Customer uploaded maps automatically appear on confirmation pages and in corresponding emails to registrants.
For more information about LibCal's new mapping module, including a short video demonstrating an interactive map's functionality, see Springshare's recent blog post.
Springshare software helps libraries engage with their communities and deepen relationships with users. Our SaaS suite is used by over 7,500 libraries in 91 countries around the world.