21.07 has something for everyone: we've made permissions more granular for large consortia; we've made browse categories and collection spotlights easier to update and manage for librarians; we've updated the display of similar titles and titles within a series to be more appealing for patrons; and we've given patrons the ability to easily see when they last checked out a title while browsing the catalog.
Updates in this version were focused in the following areas:
- Making Browse Categories easier to update and giving librarians the ability to control when they display with start and end dates.
- Integrating Syndetics Unbound content.
- Making the display of some content more visually appealing and easier to read.
- Making it easier for patrons to see which titles they have previously checked out.
- Enhancing the integration with the underlying ILS, especially Koha and Polaris.
- Improving the administration permissions to make the administration interface more flexible, especially for large consortia.
- Updating the Aspen APIs to support our forthcoming mobile app.
In total, Aspen Discovery version 21.07 has over 50 changes and enhancements to make it the best Discovery layer available.
About Aspen Discovery
Aspen is a full-featured Discovery System that integrates with e-content and other 3rd party providers, giving your patrons comprehensive access to all of your materials in one place. Aspen combines your library catalog with e-content, digital archives, and enrichment from all major third-party providers improves relevancy and ease of use, provides native reading recommendations, displays all formats of titles within one result (FRBR/record grouping) and much more. Aspen was created to give users an improved experience over other Discovery systems with less of an impact on library budgets. For more information about Aspen please visit https://bywatersolutions.com/projects/aspen-discovery.