Miami, FL -- March 18, 2021. Springshare is excited to announce LibCal mapping module, a new tool that visually engages and informs library patrons as they navigate the reservation process. Launching in April, these optional features include interactive maps for booking in-person activities and directional maps for event and appointment locations.
"More than ever, the ‘where' of a room, desk, event, or meeting reservation is just as important as the ‘what' and ‘when'," said Chief Springy Slaven Zivkovic. "Online visuals like interactive and location-specific maps encourage site engagement and provide a better user experience! Helping libraries and users with scheduling is at the heart of the LibCal platform, and we're thrilled to bring its user-facing modules together in one easy-to-use, mobile friendly tool."
Key highlights from LibCal's new, optional mapping features include:
- Interactive maps with clickable spaces, seats, and event and appointment locations.
- Color options for map areas based on a user's date and time selection.
- Information bubbles that display each bookable area's capacity and power and accessibility options on hover.
- Nested map capability so users can click from building floor map to a layout map with bookable study rooms or an individual room's map with bookable desks.
- Directional maps attached to event and appointment locations that are automatically shared in confirmation emails to event and appointment registrants.
For more information about LibCal's new mapping module, including a video demonstrating an interactive map's functionality, read Springshare's recent blog post.
Springshare software helps libraries engage with their communities and deepen relationships with users. Our SaaS suite is used by over 7,500 libraries in 91 countries around the world.