Monterey Park, Calif. - July 16, 2020 - The Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library invites residents to explore the new and improved online library catalog at https://library.montereypark.ca.gov.
The new online library catalog powered by Biblionix's Apollo software offers additional features and functionality and is mobile responsive for seamless display on any device.
New features include:
- Professional and reader reviews, book excerpts, and read-alike recommendations from Content Café to help readers pick their next great read.
- Kids Catalog to allow for quick and easy browsing by popular subjects and series for young readers.
- Accelerated Reader points/level data and Lexile measures included in the catalog to make searching by reading level easier.
- Book Lists for targeted recommendations from library staff members.
Log into your account at https://library.montereypark.ca.gov to sign up for optional features such as:
- Reserve Express: Subscribe to your favorite authors and check out their newest books when they arrive at the library.
- Reading History: Save and view up to five years of checkout history to keep track of your reading, listening and viewing.
- Advanced Notifications: Choose to receive text messages when reserve items are available for pick up or checked out items are about to be due.
Text a Librarian
The Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library is also excited to announce the launch of "Ask a Librarian" two-way text service with Gabbie. Text the Library at 626-283-6062 during open hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for information about your account, questions about books or programs, or assistance with library services.
The Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library is the City's public library located at 318 South Ramona Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91754. For more City of Monterey Park news and information, please visit the City website at www.montereypark.ca.gov.