December 9, 2014 -- Los Angeles, CA . SAGE today announces the purchase of 19 journals from Baywood Publishing Company, Inc. With this acquisition, SAGE will publish journals in counseling, gerontology & aging, health & healthcare, education, anthropology, beginning in 2015.
Baywood Publishing Company, Inc. has published scholarly and professional journals and books in the social sciences and humanities for more than 50 years. Its collection focuses on the current trends in theory, research, and practice while paving new directions for researchers, instructors, and practitioners.
Stuart Cohen, long-time President and son of the company's co-founder, commented, "For the past 50 years, it has been a privilege for Baywood Publishing to serve the scholarly, scientific and academic community. We are pleased to announce that our journals have found a permanent home with SAGE, and with that an opportunity to further enhance their presence and influence in the academic world."
With the purchase, SAGE will publish the following 19 titles in 2015:
- A Current Bibliography on African Affairs
- Abstracts in Anthropology
- Empirical Studies of the Arts
- Family Violence & Ethnic Populations
- Illness, Crisis & Loss
- Imagination, Cognition and Personality
- International Journal of Health Services
- International Quarterly of Community Health Education
- Journal of Applied Fire Science
- Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory & Practice
- Journal of Drug Education: Substance Abuse Research and Prevention
- Journal of Educational Computing Research
- Journal of Educational Technology Systems
- Journal of Technical Writing and Communication
- NEW SOLUTIONS: A Journal of Environmental and Occupational Health Policy
- North American Archaeologist
- OMEGA - Journal of Death and Dying
- The International Journal of Aging and Human Development
- The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine (IJPM)
"Both SAGE and Baywood Publishing have been devoted to serving the social science research community with top-quality scholarship in the formats that best fit their needs for nearly 50 years," said Bob Howard, Vice President of Journals, SAGE. "We are delighted to begin publishing their suite of journals and are confident that we can help extend the reach of the journals and nurture their growth worldwide."