The EveryLibrary Institute is a national 501c3 non-profit with a mission to support libraries and librarians in the United States and abroad, is proud to announce its first Library Advocacy and Funding Virtual Conference! This unique conference dedicated to libraries is bringing in hand-selected experts from a wide range of fields to train library workers, supporters, and organizations about building support for library funding and legislation.
This is a critical time for libraries to understand that 90% of library funding comes from the will of local voters and legislators and how to ensure that this funding continues to be supported. The COVID-19 crisis has decimated the fundamental municipal tax base that funds school and public libraries. We've heard that many states are looking at 20% losses. That means that many libraries are going to be forced to ask for support for funding in order to keep their doors open. Without community support, libraries will continue to drastically lose funding in the coming years.
That's why the EveryLibrary Institute put together this one of a kind conference! At this conference attendees will learn something new and unique from people they might never have heard from before.
This conference will bring in expertise and opinion from outside of librarianship to help infuse the industry with new ideas, strategies and tactics for rebuilding support for library funding. That's why all of the presenters were hand-selected from some of the largest campaigns, advocacy and fundraising organizations, and large corporations.
The EveryLibrary Institute has gathered some of the most brilliant minds and organizations today! Attendees will have the opportunity to experience the following presentations:
- Facebook and Instagram's political and government division will show attendees how to use some of their most advanced features and tools to engaging the public.
- Paul Westcott from L2Political, one of the nation's largest vendors of political data, will train library supporters about how to use things like voter data and political data.
- NationBuilder will present a session on how to use Community Organizing Tools to identify, cultivate, and empower your greatest supporters to take action.
- The USPS will share tips and insights to improve any mail communications and let attendees know about some of USPS's lesser-known tools.
- Caitlin Donnelly from Nonprofit VOTE and Abby Levine of the Bolder Advocacy Program at Alliance for Justice will talk about legal issues surrounding 501c3 and 501c4 activity and how to avoid legal problems.
- Attendees will also hear from Susan Diegelman of AT&T, Vincenzo Piscopo of Coca-Cola, and Laurie A. Henneborn of Accenture about Corporate Responsibility funding.
In all, attendees will have an opportunity to learn from over 40 pre-recorded sessions at the LAFCON conference. All of the sessions are made available on-demand from September 14-16. These pre-recorded and on demand sessions will provide a highly flexible conference experience that will allow anyone to watch sessions of their choice at anytime throughout the three days. And, in order to allow international attendees to participate, all sessions will be subtitled in multiple languages.
Proceeds from this conference are dedicated to building the advocacy ecosystem for libraries in the US and abroad. The EveryLibrary Institute will donate 25% of every registration to state library associations (or a national library association if outside the United States) in order to help these association's weather difficult financial times.
Find out more and register at lafcon.org.
Sponsors of LAFCON
- Mango Languages
- Gale, A Cengage Company
- Baker & Taylor
- EBSCO Information Services
- Recorded Books
- Niche Academy
- Counting Opinions
- TLC-Solutions The Deliver
- ByWater Solutions
- bibliotheca transforming libraries
- The BookPoints Project
- The Galecia Group
- Tech Logic
- Lyngsoe Systems
- Library Juice Academy
EveryLibrary is a 501c4 political action committee dedicated to building voter support for libraries. Since 2012, EveryLibrary has provided donor-supported pro-bono advising and consulting to 63 library campaigns helping to win over $220 million in stable tax funding. Beginning in 2016, EveryLibrary has provided strategic and tactical support to school library communities on education and tax policy, along with supporting dozens of challenges to school library budgets and school librarian positions in schools and districts across the country.
About EveryLibrary Institute
The EveryLibrary Institute is a national 501c3 non-profit with a mission to support libraries and librarians in the United States and abroad. We partner with allied organizations including foundations, philanthropic organizations, associations, non-profits, and academic institutions to enhance the perception of libraries and librarianship through direct engagement with the public.
Donation / Partner Inquiries
John Chrastka, Executive Director, EveryLibrary and the EveryLibrary Institute: email@example.com