Dublin, OH - June 1, 2020 - Patron Point today announced it has developed some new features for libraries using Patron Point Notices to help them as they reopen their branches following COVID-19 closures.
The new features include:
- Quarantine delay. If you are checking in items as they are received, you can now add a "quarantine delay" before the hold pickup email is sent. For example, if you want a three day delay, then when the item is checked in and is ready for pickup, the Patron Point system will not send the email for three days. That gives staff time to leave the item in quarantine before it goes to the hold shelf. Each library can select the duration of the quarantine delay from one day to any number of days.
- Filtering by pickup location. We can suppress notices for specific pickup locations if they are not yet open, but items have been checked in. This is useful for a rolling opening of branches. The notices will be sent when the branch opens and you remove the branch from the filter list.
- Current pickup location display text. We add the most recent pickup location to the patron's record in Patron Point every time we send a hold pickup notice so you can use Patron Point's Dynamic Content to add special instructions or curbside pickup details that are specific to that pickup location.
Ted Fons, Vice President, Technology at Patron Point commented "We have initially deployed this for our customers on a Sierra ILS and we are currently working on these same features for Polaris notices and then Horizon/Symphony notices are next after that."
Patron Point's notices give the library full control of the notice email, meaning they can display anything they like at the top and bottom of the notice email. We only reserve one portion of the email for the table of items to pick up. That includes the title, pickup location (optional), and the pick-up by date (optional.). For example libraries can add curbside pickup scheduling links or cross promotions anywhere in the email.
About Patron Point
Patron Point is the first of its kind patron relationship management system that delivers an enhanced level of library marketing capability. With Patron Point, libraries can produce personalized email and web communications that attract and more fully engage the patron. Libraries can benefit immediately from a foundation of Proven Programs or create their own workflows that are customized to their unique user communities and needs.
- With Patron Point, a library can:
- Make its marketing more engaging and targeted;
- Drive collection use and program attendance;
- Deliver a more personalized digital patron experience; and
- Measure patron engagement across the full range of patron activities.