- ODILO has been awarded the international tender to become a provider of e-lending services to the national library of the Netherlands, which can be accessed by over 17 million Dutch people.
- ODILO will provide the new ODILO 3.0 service to the national library of the Netherlands; the technology recently launched by the Spanish company uses Artificial Intelligence to provide optimized access to digital library resources.
- This new public tender awarded to ODILO, confirms the leadership of the Spanish company in the consortia, statewide and nationwide digital library market where their technology serves over 100 million people in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, and Australia.
The Spanish provider ODILO has won the international RFP process launched by the national library of the Netherlands (KB), where they searched for a cooperative, transparent, long-term partnership with an experienced supplier in the global digital library market to boost their current solution.
The national library of the Netherlands will migrate from having two platforms (one for ebooks and another one for audiobooks), which is one of the world's most successful digital loan systems and is making millions of digital loans a year, and integrate them both to the new ODILO 3.0 intelligent digital library service starting in 2020.
The new ODILO 3.0 allows organizations to offer unified access to all content formats (ebooks, audiobooks, courses, podcasts, magazines, videos, newspapers and much more) and thousands of content providers in a unified and fully customized platform. Powered by advanced data analytics and artificial intelligence, the new service allows libraries to optimize their content budgets and offers a great digital consumption experience.
"We are very excited to have been awarded such a demanding international public tender by presenting our new intelligent public library product; we are excited to become partners with one of the most successful library networks in the world and about the potential of this project to transform how libraries interact with their communities. We look forward to contributing as technological partners with the mission of the Dutch public libraries, which is the elevation of people, " - Rodrigo Rodríguez, ODILO's CEO.
"We are pleased to have chosen ODILO as a key strategic partner to develop an optimized digital library experience for all the users of our system. Our team is really excited to partner with ODILO in this new stage and offer the Dutch library users the best digital experience, " - Hans Pleysier, Project Manager of the KB.
ODILO is the leading provider of intelligent digital library and learning solutions and considered by many as the "Netflix for Education".
ODILO strives to:
- Democratize access to high-quality education and culture
- Improve literacy levels and critical thinking skills
- Promote lifelong learning
- Develop powerful insights on learners and content activity
ODILO provides digital library and learning solutions that can be accessed by over 140M of readers in 43 countries; ODILO also collaborates with over 5,000 content providers worldwide to offer over 2M titles of high-quality ebooks, audiobooks, video, magazines, scorm, and others, across over 40 languages.
To learn more about our passion for education and culture, please visit https://www.odilo.us/
About the Netherlands National Libraries
The KB is the national library of the Netherlands. Driven by the power of the written word we further intellectual development, proficiency and creativity in the Netherlands. To this end, we seek collaboration with partners in the domains of public libraries, cultural heritage, and academics. The KB promotes the visibility, usability, and longevity of the Dutch Library Collection, defined as the collective holdings of all publicly funded libraries in the Netherlands. Unhindered access to these collections furthers the development of new ideas and allows researchers to build upon the ideas of their predecessors.