Atlanta, GA - July 11, 2019 - To help guide and steward the recent merger of LYRASIS and DuraSpace - four new Board of Trustees Members were elected by the combined memberships, and four new Board of Trustees were appointed. This brings LYRASIS' FY 2020 Board to 13 members, seven elected and six appointed.
DuraSpace brings 175 members and 3 Community Supported Programs to LYRASIS' 1,000 members and 7 Community Supported Programs. As of July 1st, 2019, the Board will work with the operations team on strategies to increase the value for these 10 programs along with accelerating the impact of the $1.2 million investment the Board approved for new product development and innovation.
Joe Lucia, the current LYRASIS Chair, says, "This powerful Board brings the right vision and experience to LYRASIS at a time of great opportunity. It will be an exciting year!"
Robert Miller, CEO of LYRASIS, says, "Working together with the LYRASIS and DuraSpace Board members throughout the merger discussions clearly showed the potential that this new organization can deliver to the combined memberships. We are thrilled with what FY 2020 will bring for our members."
The newly elected Board of Trustees Members are:
- Member State Library Agencies or Group Agents:
- Kathleen Moeller-Peiffer - Deputy State Librarian for Library Support Services at the New Jersey State Library
- Wolfram Horstmann - Director of the Göttingen State and University Library and University Librarian of the University of Göttingen (Germany)
- Member Academic Library:
- Alexia Hudson-Ward - Azariah Smith Root Director of Libraries for Oberlin College and Conservatory
- Member Special Library:
- Lee Ceperich - Director of the Margaret R. and Robert M. Freeman Library at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
Additionally, the following are the newly Appointed Board of Trustees Members:
- Heather Joseph - SPARC, Executive Director
- Kaitlin Thaney - Executive Director for Wikimedia Foundation
- Tyler Walters - Dean of University Libraries, Virginia Tech
- Evviva Weinraub - Vice Provost for University Libraries, University at Buffalo
Current Board of Trustees Members:
- Joe Lucia - Board Chair, Dean of Libraries, Temple University - Paley Library
- Gina Millsap - Vice-Chair; Chief Executive Officer, Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
- Derick Dreher, Ph.D. - Treasurer; The John C. Haas Director, Rosenbach Museum and Library; VP of Special Collections, The Free Library of Philadelphia
- Kate Pugh - Faculty, Columbia University
- Kevin Guthrie - President, ITHAKA
Board of Trustees Members who have served and completed their terms are:
- Elizabeth Gail McClenney - Immediate Past Chair; Director, Roanoke College - Fintel Library
- Rob Spindler - former Secretary; Head of Archives & Special Collections, Arizona State University Libraries
- Tom Rosko - Institute Archivist, Head Institute Archives and Special Collections, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
- Gregor Trinkaus-Randall - Preservation Specialist, Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Cory Nimer - University Archivist, Brigham Young University, Harold B. Lee Library
- Julie Walker - State Librarian of Georgia, Georgia Public Library Services
- Eric Miller - CFO, Atlanta University Center - Robert Woodruff Library
- Tom Cramer - former Vice President; Chief Technology Strategist and Associate Director of Digital Library Systems & Services at Stanford University
- Rob Cartolano - former Treasurer; Vice President for Technology and Preservation for Columbia University Libraries
- Dan Cohen - Vice Provost for Information Collaboration; Dean of the Libraries; and Professor of History at Northeastern University
- Mike Conlon - Emeritus Faculty member of the University of Florida
- Laura Wood - Associate University Librarian for Research and Education at Harvard Library
LYRASIS is a technology and services 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization whose mission is to support enduring access to our shared academic, scientific and cultural heritage through leadership in open technologies, content services, digital solutions and collaboration with archives, libraries, museums and knowledge communities worldwide. LYRASIS organizational and staff values are: communication, respect, collaboration, impact, and service. For more information, please visit www.lyrasis.org.