Villanova, Pennsylvania - February 4, 2019 - Version 5.1 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This minor release adds several new features and fixes.
Some key additions:
- Configurable user account notifications, making activity (such as fines, available holds, overdues, etc.) more readily visible to the user.
- A richer, fully customizable user feedback system, allowing the creation of custom forms in the VuFind interface for collecting not just feedback, but also purchase suggestions, survey responses, or anything else the administrator configures.
- Optional dynamic DOI-based link augmentation in search results (currently supporting Third Iron's BrowZine service, but also extensible for other applications).
- An experimental driver for integration with the FOLIO platform, available for early adopters (but subject to change as the platform evolves).
- Better code generation tools, increasing the ease of creating new VuFind plug-ins.
- Full Vietnamese language support in the user interface.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options, performance enhancements and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.