May 1, 2018 - Redwood City, CA – Yewno, Inc., a leading provider of AI solutions, today announces the winners of the of the DoYewno? High School Research Competition, which celebrated the launch of Yewno Create, a platform that gives K-12 students the ability to research, write, collaborate on and publish research articles. Thirteen winners from nine countries were selected from hundreds of entries.
All entrant's articles will be published in peer reviewed journals. Winners will receive an award from the Stanford Designership Institute and their schools will also be recognized for pioneering in Artificial Intelligence for Research. Winners will also be invited to take the "Design as Discovery: Moonshot Thinking" summer course taught by distinguished author of Moonshots in Education, Esther Wojcicki, and renowned Moonshot Thinking scholar, Freedom Cheteni in Silicon Valley.
Winning topics ranged from artificial intelligence, education, mental health, improving the environment and public safety, to name a few. The students performed their research within the Yewno Discover platform, which gave them access to over 200 million scholarly documents and used Yewno Create to organize their research articles and publish them on open access academic journals.
The winners are:
- Shams Mehdi, Leaside High School, Toronto, Canada
"Smart Contracts vs. DApps: What's the Difference?"
- Lucas Evans, Gunn High School, Palo Alto, CA, USA< br /> "iStudy Learning Engineer Moonshot" "The Leading Augmented Responsive Learning Management System integrated with The Educoin Blockchain and the Yewno Create Artificial Intelligence Research platform to enable schools to provide Extreme Personalization for students in secondary schools globally"
- Danill Maslov, Rugby School, England
"Using Technology to Increase Access to Clean Water"
- Daniel Stoiber, Design Tech High School, Redwood Shores, CA, US
"Moonshots in mastering High School Geometry through Programming: This Python Script Finds the Area of Any Regular Polygon Using One Given Side Length."
- Zirui Guo, Upper Canada College, Toronto, Canada
"Investigating the Effect of Target Ratio in Visual Oddball Paradigm Experiments on P300 Components"
- Jeltsin J. Obregon, Design Tech High School, Redwood Shores, CA, USA
"How to Calculate Losses Due to Earthquakes"
- Jack Dacey, Phillips Exeter Academy, Andover, NH, USA
"Removing Mental Health's Stigma"
- Adrienne Marie G. Villanueva, Assumption College San Lorenzo, Philippines
"The Use of Nanotechnology for Cancer Treatment Instead of Chemotherapy"
- Jiyun Kang, North London Collegiate School, Jeju, South Korea
"Designing a ‘Whole New World' Through Human Centered Art"
- Santi Mejia, Colegio Anglo Colombiano, Bogota, Colombia
"Design Thinking and Yewno Create as a Brainstorming Tool"
- Artur Barbosa, ETEC Martin Luther King, São Paulo, Brazil
"Transforming Learning Management Systems by Integrating Yewno Create to Move High School Students Towards Mastery"
- Zahra Petiwala, Fahaheel Al-Watanieh Indian Private School, City, Kuwait
"The Artificial Intelligence Tool, Yewno Discover, is a Game Changer in Leveling the Playing Field for Education in Kuwait"
- Uday Mehra, Mercedez Benz International School, Hinjawadi, Pune, India
"How Humans Might Design Artificial Intelligence for Good?"
For further information about Yewno Create and the DoYewno? High School Research Competition, or to review winners' papers please contact us or visit: yewno.com/product/create
If you would like to view sample papers published by students please visit:
Founded in 2015, Yewno is helping the world to uncover the undiscovered through its new inference engine, which introduces an entirely new approach to knowledge discovery. Mimicking the human brain, the Yewno inference engine incorporates machine learning, cognitive science, neural networks, and computational linguistics into an intelligent framework to enhance human understanding by correlating concepts across vast volumes sources. Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, and with offices in London and New York, Yewno is backed by leading investors including Pacific Capital and currently has numerous partnerships across top research universities, publishers, the finance sector and content aggregators worldwide. Yewno was recently named Outsell's 2017 Emerging Company of the Year, and was chosen from among 250 major disruptors in the global information industry.