AI, Autonomous Cars, and Libraries at RMG's Annual Presidents' Seminar:
The View from the Top
Friday February 9, 2018, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
ALA Midwinter Conference, Denver
Colorado Convention Center Room 505
Who, When, Where?
- How will these disruptive technologies enter the Library Industry?
- Who will lead the innovation?
- How will Artificial Intelligence and Self-Driving Cars improve library services and performance?
- In the age of click and digital download, will driverless library (or Uber or Lyft) delivery services plus robots-to-the-door put printed books and other physical items into readers' hands with comparable ease? Or transport and escort readers to Library programs and browsing opportunities?
- Alexa: Please deliver to my weekend address the Hungarian cookbook I checked out from my Branch Library last year and fresh -- not frozen -- ingredients for goulash for six. Text me by Thursday if I can't get all this by Friday 6pm. Also, could you recommend a suitable under $15 red wine available at my weekend Whole Foods?
- Siri or Alexa: Call the Library and make reservations for my two grandchildren and me for the February program on Spring solstice, and ask them to text each of us confirmations. Also, could you ask the Library to send them links to e-books that explain the history of astronomy? And deliver to Amy a book in English or Mandarin about ancient Chinese astronomy a week before the program?
The RMG Seminar is open to everyone for dialogue on topical issues and concerns -- registration is not required.
Attendees are invited to ask questions of Library Industry executives entrusted with delivering platforms and solutions for global library systems, services, and content to thousands of libraries serving millions of library users worldwide.
Participating companies & executives include:
- Axiell (Ann Maelerts),
- BiblioLabs (Mitchell Davis),
- Demco Software (Ravi Singh),
- Easy Mile,
- Index Data (Sebastian Hammer),
- Innovative Interfaces (James Tallman),
- Overdrive (Steve Potash),
- ProQuest (Rich Belanger),
- SirsiDynix (Bill Davison),
- The Library Corporation (Annette Murphy)
Rob McGee will moderate the session with assistance from Marshall Breeding and RMG's Geoff Payne (Melbourne Office).
About RMG Consultants
RMG Consultants, Inc. is an information technology consulting firm specializing in team-based enterprise learning processes for IT planning and procurement projects and IT Strategic Planning for libraries and Higher Education institutions. RMG helps libraries identify and take advantage of digital opportunities to re-engineer services, processes, workflows, and practices — and to determine ROI in technology choices.