Columbia, MO - November 15, 2017 --The MOBIUS Consortium announced today the launch of MOBIUS Open Source Solutions (MOSS), offering technical and operational support services for libraries that currently have or are considering an Evergreen open source ILS implementation. MOSS makes Evergreen implementation cost-effective, freeing staff and management time and allowing them to focus on better serving their patrons. Unlike other providers who simply offer hosting services, MOSS offers comprehensive hosting, IT and application support in a single cost-effective solution. MOSS offers several distinct advantages for libraries including:
- Expert, high touch support offering the full range of implementation, on-going training, and management services;
- A comprehensive service set which means no technology gaps from infrastructure to operations to functional application support;
- The latest in Cloud Platform hosting technology;
- Active participation with the Evergreen development community ensuring Evergreen open-source ILS software currency;
- Experienced 24x7x365 help desk support;
- Flat pricing on library migrations and predictable annual subscriptions to simplify and better manage library budgeting and operational planning.
"During our successful Missouri Evergreen implementation, we began to hear that other libraries, rather than going it alone with Evergreen, expressed a need for a complete end-to-end service," states Donna Bacon, Executive Director, MOBIUS Consortium. "By providing our service, library technical staff and management would be able to concentrate on areas of their library's operation where they could provide more and better services to their patrons. MOSS allows libraries to grow with Evergreen."
The State Library of Kansas, an early adopter of MOSS, is already realizing the its benefits. Cindy Roupe, Interim State Librarian, states, "Subscribing to MOSS takes a big worry out of my management day. Their staff, many of whom are librarians, understand the issues we face and the importance of the Evergreen ILS to our operation." Roupe continued, "With MOSS, my team can focus on serving the libraries and citizens of Kansas"
MOSS comprehensive package includes the following services:
- Installation and configuration of servers including production, test, OPAC, training and backup servers based on the library's needs;
- Domain name and IP management;
- Full implementation and setup services: data extraction, analysis, de-duplication, and conversion from existing ILS
- The ongoing operating system upgrades, database upgrades including support of SIP connections, backup servers, load balancers and network access points;
- OPAC customizations, custom code transfer and migration, ongoing indexing/optimizing of the customer instance;
- Full Evergreen training during implementation and beyond including video tutorials and online documentation; and
- Ongoing support across functional areas of the library, including circulation, technical services, UX and custom programming.
For more information on Evergreen Support with MOSS, refer to our Evergreen ILS product page or contact us for more information.
MOBIUS (mobiusconsortium.org) is a not-for-profit, 501 (C)(3) tax-exempt organization that is transforming library services with cost-effective help desk, training, technical resources, courier management, and procurement services. The MOBIUS consortium is comprised of over 75 Sierra libraries with 192 branches. Members benefit from shared services and technology expertise, and a resource-sharing network of over 30 million items. MOBIUS manages the Missouri Evergreen Consortium which has over 40 public libraries operating over 100 branches. MOBIUS offers complete hosting and managed services for Sierra, INN-Reach, and the Evergreen Open Source ILS. Offices are located in Columbia, Missouri and its customers and members span the states of Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas, and Texas.