Villanova, Pennsylvania - October 2, 2017 - Version 4.1 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This release builds upon the recent 4.0 release with several significant new features.
Some key additions:
- Enhancements to the permission system to make it easier to configure permission-related behaviors.
- A new "theme mix-in" feature to make sharing third-party extensions to VuFind easier.
- Built in support for Third Iron's BrowZine service, useful for adding a "journal titles" box to Bento-style searching.
- Improvements to several ILS drivers, including the addition of a more full-featured "SierraRest" driver.
- A new Galician translation, as well as improvements to many other language files.
- New developer-oriented improvements, including a default Vagrant configuration for easy testing and incorporation of the "Whoops" error handler for faster troubleshooting and debugging.
- Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options, performance enhancements and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.