Alexandria, VA (August 14, 2017) – Now students and researchers can be immersed in the work of award-winning writers, actors and directors in action, whenever and wherever they are. BroadwayHD is one of the most important distributors of current Broadway plays and musicals – distributed exclusively to libraries via the Alexander Street platform.
An essential collection for students and researchers of the performing arts, The BroadwayHD Collection provides a unique pathway to uncovering critical insights only available from experiencing live performance. Encompassing 25 award-winning live Broadway plays and musicals featuring such luminaries as James Earl Jones, Jane Krakowski, Ed Harris, Jennifer Garner and Kevin Kline, this content is exclusively available from Alexander Street for worldwide educational streaming. Curated especially for performing arts scholars, The BroadwayHD Collection is also invaluable for studies in drama, music, dance and literature.
"We are honored to be in partnership with BroadwayHD to bring the exhilarating experience of live performance to a wider audience," said Will Whalen, Director of Global Content, Alexander Street. "Particularly for students and researchers in the performing arts, the time and cost of traveling to see these plays and musicals is prohibitive. The BroadwayHD Collection opens up avenues for learning that might otherwise be unavailable."
Exclusive content The Broadway HD Collection includes:
- Sam Shepard's highly studied Pulitzer Prize-winning play Buried Child comes to life, in this production starring Ed Harris (2016)
- The Tony Award-winning musical She Loves Me thrills audiences with its original revival cast: Jane Krakowski, Laura Benanti and Zachary Levi (2016)
- Orlando Bloom and Tony Award-nominated Condola Rashad shine in the Broadway revival of Romeo and Juliet. (2013)
- Based on a book by Tony winner John Caird, Daddy Long Legs has music from Tony nominee Paul Gordon and is performed by Megan McGinnis and Adam Halpin (2015)
- The gripping monologue play On The Exhale stars Tony nominee Marin Ireland and was directed by Tony nominated Leigh Silverman (2017)
- Tony Lifetime Achievement award winner James Earl Jones tackles one of theatre's most iconic roles in Shakespeare's King Lear (1974)
- Verbal wordplay and dashing swordplay abound as Tony and Academy Award winner Kevin Kline portrays the long-nosed poet in Cyrano de Bergerac opposite Jennifer Garner (2008)
- Learn how the Tin Man lost his heart in The Woodsman, a touching exploration of a piece of Oz told through music and puppetry (2008)
- Doing double duty as director and lead actor, award winner Kevin Kline tackles Shakespeare's most famous "melancholy Dane" in Hamlet (1990)
- Watch two of the greatest clowns of our generation at the top of their game as Tony winners David Shiner and Bill Irwin enchant audiences in Old Hats (2016)
- Acclaimed actress Irene Worth takes a star turn in Samuel Beckett's absurdist masterpiece Happy Days as she goes about her day buried up to her waist, then up to her neck in sand (1980)
About Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company
Alexander Street pairs exclusive streaming video, audio, and curated full-text with cutting-edge online tools to transform the way people research, learn, and teach in virtually every discipline. Learn more at http://alexanderstreet.com.
ProQuest is committed to supporting the important work happening in the world's research and learning communities. The company curates content that matters to the advancement of knowledge, assembling an archive of billions of vetted, indexed documents. It simplifies workflows so that people and institutions use time effectively. And because ProQuest connects information communities, complex networks of systems and processes work together efficiently. With ProQuest, finding answers and deriving insights is straightforward and leads to extraordinary outcomes.
ProQuest and its companies and affiliates – Ex Libris, Alexander Street, Bowker -- stand for better research, better learning, better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.