MCHENRY, Ill., Jan. 5, 2017 — As the exclusive worldwide distributor for International Baccalaureate (IB) publishing products, Follett announced today it has added new content from IB and a wealth of new curriculum content support from an array of other respected providers. The new IB content, plus a variety of additional resources hand-picked by Follett's educational experts, are available to purchase on Titlewave, Follett's online search and ordering tool, at www.titlewave.com/go/ib.
The IB offers four highly regarded programmes with more than one million IB students attending over 4,000 schools in 149 countries.
"In addition to the merchandise and content created by the IB, Follett now offers products and books from other respected publishers for the IB market, such as Oxford University Press, Hodder Education, and SMARTPREP," said Steve Siegel, Senior Vice President, Global Products and International, Follett School Solutions."Follett is proud to provide the top content from these providers and others – it's the best in the industry for materials for IB World Schools."
Content providers now include:
- International Baccalaureate provides curricular content such as scope and sequence guides, exam and markscheme packs and workbooks, and Question bank subscription services, along with products and merchandise such as posters, brochures, and apparel.
- Oxford University Press maintains a strong reputation with IB educators, especially those working with the Middle Years Programme (MYP) – with content covering language acquisition, mathematics, and sciences – and Diploma Programme (DP), the only DP resources developed directly with the IB. Both print and digital content are available.
- Hodder Education materials can be found in more than 140 countries worldwide. Specifically designed for the IB market, Hodder has an extensive list of titles to support the Primary Years Programme (PYP), MYP and DP. It publishes the only series developed with the IB for MYP 4 and 5. Both print and digital content are available.
- SMARTPREP is a provider of DP flash cards, a unique and interactive resource for the IB Diploma Programme. Each set of flashcards is ideal for individual, classroom, or group study use.
- Cambridge University Press offers a wide range of resources for the DP written by expert IB authors and providing theory of knowledge (TOK) links throughout.
- Pearson provides an extensive series of titles to support the Diploma Programme written by expert authors.
- Oxford Study Courses have offered top-quality IB support for more than 26 years. OSC's Study & Revision Guides are written by experienced IB teachers to supplement classroom teaching and course textbooks.
- The Day is a subscription online news service for schools, which is fully aligned with the IB curriculum. Its journalists write daily articles and features for every subject organized by the IB Learner Profile and TOK, and include discussion points, follow-up activities and further reading links.
Follett also announced it has introduced "IB Starter Packs," designed for aspiring IB World Schools or current IB schools looking to implement an additional IB programme.
For more information about Follett, visit www.follettlearning.com/. For more information about Follett's IB publishing materials, visit www.titlewave.com/go/ib.
About Follett's PreK-12 Business
Follett is the largest provider of educational materials and technology solutions to PreK-12 libraries, classrooms, learning centers and school districts in the United States, and a major supplier to educational institutions worldwide. Follett distributes books, reference materials, digital resources, eBooks and audiovisual materials, as well as pre-owned textbooks. Follett also is one of the leading providers of integrated educational technology for the management of physical and digital assets, the tracking, storing and analyzing of academic data, and digital learning environment tools for the classroom focusing on student achievement.
About Follett Corporation
For more than 140 years, Follett has been a trusted partner to preK-12 schools, colleges and campus bookstores, taking care of the critical details that make it easier for schools to run, teachers to teach, students to learn and fans to celebrate. A leading provider of education technology, services and physical and digital content, Follett currently works with 70,000 schools and operates more than 1,250 local campus stores and 1,600 virtual stores. With the 2016 acquisition of Baker & Taylor, LLC, Follett's reach also extends into the public library and global retail markets. Today Follett Corporation is the world's largest single source of books, entertainment products, digital content and multi-media for libraries, schools and retailers. Follett is a $3.6 billion privately held company headquartered in Westchester, Illinois.