Villanova, Pennsylvania - September 26, 2016 - Version 3.1 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This minor release adds a significant number of new features and enhancements while maintaining compatibility with version 3.0, released earlier in the year.
Some key additions and changes:
- Improved and expanded support for geographic searching and map display.
- Richer facet browsing functionality.
- A new "asset pipeline" to improve page load times by combining files.
- Major performance and functionality enhancements to the SolrMarc indexing tool.
- Logger integration with the Slack messaging service.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.