Ipswich, MA -- September 8, 2016. EBSCO Information Services (EBSCO) introduces the Ultimate editions to meet the increasing demands of scholarly research. The collection includes five multi-discipline databases, each offering an extensive amount of full text that brings a global perspective to research in each discipline.
The Ultimate editions create the ultimate research experience by providing an unparalleled amount of peer-reviewed, full-text journals, including journals indexed in leading citation indexes. The five databases each include a vast array of international coverage, as well as valuable video content from the Associated Press.
The Ultimate editions are:
- Academic Search Ultimate – more than 12,400 full-text academic journals, magazines and periodicals plus reports, books and videos covering virtually every discipline ranging from astronomy, anthropology, biomedicine, engineering, health, law and literacy to mathematics, pharmacology, women's studies and zoology. The thousands of English-language and native-language full-text journals from Asia, Oceania, Europe and Latin America provide students with a broader, more global perspective in their research.
- Business Source Ultimate – nearly 5,000 full-text journals covering the fields of accounting, finance, banking, marketing, management and other business disciplines. Full-text journals from Asia, Oceania, Europe and Latin American allow students to track business trends and topics worldwide. In addition to business journals, students can access case studies, country economic reports and company profiles, as well as interviews with executives and analysts.
- Applied Science & Technology Source Ultimate – nearly 1,700 full-text journals that will appeal to STEM students and researchers looking for information on artificial intelligence, applied mathematics, plastics, hydroponics, computer science, chemical engineering, energy resources and robotics, as well as the business and social implications of new technologies. Hundreds of English-language and native-language full-text journals from Asia, Oceania, Europe and Latin America bring a global perspective to researching the STEM discipline.
- Sociology Source Ultimate – more than 1,200 full-text journals offering more academic full text than any other sociology research database. In addition to full-text journals, the resource includes extensive indexing for books, monographs, conference papers and other non-periodical content sources, as well as global content to bring a worldwide perspective to researching the human experience. Coverage of topics range from gender identity, marriage and family, to demographics, political sociology, religion and socio-cultural anthropology.
- Humanities Source Ultimate – nearly 2,000 full-text journals that will appeal to scholars and educators interested in all facets of humanities. The database offers access to key content covering literary, scholarly and creative thought and includes a wide variety of resources, such as feature articles, interviews, obituaries, bibliographies, book reviews, original works of fiction, reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, operas and plays that illuminate human thinking, action and interaction.
All of the Ultimate editions are accessible via EBSCO's customizable, intuitive search platform, EBSCOhost and is updated monthly. Mobile users can also access the databases on the go via their Android and iOS smartphones.
About EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EBSCO) is the leading discovery service provider for libraries worldwide with more than 10,000 discovery customers in over 100 countries. EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) provides each institution with a comprehensive, single search box for its entire collection, offering unparalleled relevance ranking quality and extensive customization. EBSCO is also the preeminent provider of online research content for libraries, including hundreds of research databases, historical archives, point-of-care medical reference, and corporate learning tools serving millions of end users at tens of thousands of institutions. EBSCO is the leading provider of electronic journals & books for libraries, with subscription management for more than 360,000 serials, including more than 57,000 e-journals, as well as online access to more than 900,000 e-books. For more information, visit the EBSCO website at: http://www.ebsco.com. EBSCO Information Services is a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., a family owned company since 1944.