Atlanta, GA - August 1, 2016 - LYRASIS Announces New Board of Trustees members, who will each serve a three-year term.
The new trustees were chosen through two elections - the LYRASIS Annual Member Election in April and a Special Member Election in June and July. LYRASIS members voted for candidates to fill the open Board positions which included two representatives from academic and/or research libraries, one public library representative, one representative from a state library or group library and two at-large trustees representing any type of member institution.
The new Board Members are:
1 Academic Library Representative:
- Elizabeth Gail McClenney (re-elected)- Roanoke College (VA)
1 Academic Research Library Representative:
- Tom Rosko - Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
1 Public Library Representative:
- David Singleton (re-elected)- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Library (NC)
1 State Library Representative or Group Member Representative:
- Julie Walker (re-elected) - Georgia Public Library Service
At-large (any type of member institution):
- Robert Spindler - Arizona State University Libraries
- Cory Nimer - Brigham Young University (UT)
In addition, the Board of Trustees confirmed two appointed positions for Non-Member Trustees:
- Gregor Trinkhaus-Randall (re-appointed) - Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Eric Miller, Jr. - Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library (GA)
"I am thrilled to have such skilled and professional Trustees on the LYRASIS Board, and I am honored that so many Trustees agreed to stay on for second terms to help me ensure continuity and sustainability of the initiatives we kicked off in my first year as CEO. This Board represents the diversity of our members across libraries, archives and museums as well as specialties ranging from technology to content to strategic planning and more. I look forward to the great work we can do together serving our members and the wider field of knowledge communities worldwide," says Robert Miller, CEO of LYRASIS.
LYRASIS (www.lyrasis.org), a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization, partners with member libraries, archives and museums to create, access and manage information with an emphasis on digital content, while building and sustaining collaboration, enhancing operations and technology, and increasing buying power.