June 7, 2016 -- Emeryville, CA. Innovative Interfaces, a leading provider of library automation software that empowers libraries globally, has launched MyLibrary! Release 1.2 to elevate the mobile user's library experience.
MyLibrary! Release 1.2 delivers features designed specifically to make library interactions more powerful and seamless on iOS devices. Patrons can now use a digital version of their library card on their phone and can directly contact their library using their mobile device, launched automatically from within the MyLibrary! app. For library staff, Google Analytics provides insights into how patrons are using the MyLibrary! app.
"Our library partners are key to helping us expedite new functionality that enhance the patron experience, and these enhancements illustrate how quickly we can respond to user feedback," said Leif Pedersen, Executive Vice President, Product at Innovative. "Our release train development efforts allow us to rapidly iterate and target patrons' priorities for their mobile interaction, and we will continue this level of development with all of our mobile solutions."
Currently, the MyLibrary! app is available for public libraries and their patrons in North America, with language support for English, Spanish, and with this new release, French and Canadian French.
MyLibrary! Release 1.2 incorporates many robust new features, including:
- Digital Library Card—Patrons can store a digital version of their library card in the app, ensuring convenient access to their library barcode without having to carry a physical card. The digital card can be read by scanners to support a more efficient self-checkout, as well as interaction with library staff;
- Scan Barcode for Login—Mobile users can scan their library cards with the built-in iOS camera. This optical scanning feature makes it easy for first-time users to sign-in to the app;
- Direct Library Contact—The experience of contacting the library is made seamless, as patrons can now initiate an email or phone call directly from the library's contact information screen without manually changing apps;
- Google Analytics—Library staff can now track user behavior and usage through Google Analytics to see what features and functionality are utilized most;
- French Language Support—In addition to English and Spanish, both French and Canadian French options are now provided to support additional library users in their native language.
MyLibrary! Release 1.2 is now available for download in the App Store. Sierra 2.2 is the required version for this new release. To learn more about the MyLibrary! mobile app for patrons, visit the Innovative website.
Innovative (www.iii.com) provides leading technology solutions and services that empower libraries and enrich their users worldwide. Innovative offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of library automation products on the market today, serving academic, public, national, corporate and special libraries and consortia. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Innovative has a global presence—serving thousands of libraries in 66 countries and offices worldwide.