May 9, 2016 -- Emeryville, CA. Innovative Interfaces, a leading provider of library automation software that empowers libraries globally, today announced the launch of Vital Release 6.4 to streamline the implementation of digital asset management and institutional repositories.
Vital Release 6.4 delivers a flexible and highly customizable solution to broaden access to digital collections and enable a seamless user search experience for retrieving information. As Innovative's flagship digital asset management solution, Vital serves libraries of all types, as well as museums, archives, and information centers with digital resources.
"These organizations own amazing pieces of history, from photographs, slides, sound clips, digital video, conference proceedings, research papers, e-journals, and more. Vital Release 6.4 provides a state-of-the-art outlet for capturing, preserving, and sharing these valuable resources with the public," said Leif Pedersen, Executive Vice President, Product at Innovative.
Vital Release 6.4 encompasses a wide range of new features, including:
- Copyright management with watermark handling—Options to display watermark text with a shaded background and specify the text size, as a percentage of the height of the image, for easy reading. While the images distributed contain watermarks, the native image is stored for archival purposes and hidden from public consumption;
- Citation generation—Integrated citation software is now included in all Vital installations, allowing users to create citations without the need for external software;
- Thumbnail images for social enhancements—Users have the ability to add thumbnail images for both Collection and Community pages;
- Image viewer technology—A new image viewer launches automatically when users navigate to the Item Display page of a .jpeg, .png, .gif, or .bmp datastream repository object, with the ability to zoom, pan, download, or share on social media;
- PDF viewer technology—A new PDF viewer offers the ability to view the content of PDF documents in a new browser tab, via Adobe Reader or by downloading the file;
- Google Scholar enhancements—Additional metatags increase visibility of Vital metadata and objects within Google Scholar to support broader research.
Vital Release 6.4 is now available worldwide, to enhance the exposure of any institution's digital collection. As a standalone product in the Innovative portfolio, Vital can be used by Innovative library partners, as well as libraries using another ILS, universities and colleges, city governments, or any other institution in need of a digital asset management solution. To learn more about Vital, visit the Innovative website.
Innovative (www.iii.com) provides leading technology solutions and services that empower libraries and enrich their users worldwide. Innovative offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of library automation products on the market today, serving academic, public, national, corporate and special libraries and consortia. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Innovative has a global presence—serving thousands of libraries in 66 countries and offices worldwide.