Villanova, Pennsylvania - April 25, 2016 - Version 3.0 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This major release brings VuFind up to date with important PHP and Solr developments while also adding several new features and offering a straightforward upgrade path from the 2.x series of releases.
Some key additions and changes:
- Improved support for indexing multiple authors (and other types of creators).
- New filtering options in "combined search" mode to make your "bento box" search even more flexible.
- A database-driven record cache to improve performance and permanence when working with third-party APIs.
- Compatibility with PHP 7 and Ubuntu 16.04.
- Inclusion of Solr 5.5.0, which adds new indexing features and better Windows support.
- A significantly rewritten front-end theme offering greater stability, improved ease of customization and a more consistent user experience.
- New recommendation modules to help guide users to better search results.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.