16 March 2016 – http://www.zepheira.com/ – Nearly a year after welcoming Innovative Interfaces to the Libhub Initiative, Zepheira announced a new joint partnership at the Innovative Users Group Conference (IUG 2016) in San Francisco, which promises to streamline the adoption of Linked Data in Innovative's Library Customers.
Innovative's new service, Innovative Linked Data, leverages the value of existing metadata within the library catalog and resource management system to raise the profile of libraries in web and mobile interactions. It makes use of Zepheira's transformation and publishing technologies to transform any library's existing catalog and reveal it to the Web using Linked Data vocabularies including BIBFRAME.
"From the time we started conversations with libraries, service providers, and users, our goal has consistently been to improve the visibility of libraries on the Web. Our work with Linked Data, including developing the architecture of BIBFRAME and tools to reveal library data to the Web, are in service to that greater goal," explained Eric Miller, CEO and Founder of Zepheira. "This partnership with Innovative allows orders of magnitude more libraries to streamline their move to Linked Data, and join the pioneer institutions in this movement to reset the information landscape."
Libraries Lead the Way in Making Linked Data Services a Reality
Innovative credits the development of the new product in part to the active leadership from its own library customers in the Libhub Initiative working with Zepheira, including
- Arapahoe Library District, Colorado
- Barrington Area Library, Illinois
- Cuyahoga County Public Library, Ohio
- Dallas Public Library, Texas
- Denver Public Library, Colorado
- Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library, Indiana
- Hamilton Public Library, New York
- Mohawk Valley and Southern Adirondack Library Systems, New York
- Multnomah County Library, Oregon
- Phoenix Public Library, Arizona
- Qatar National Library, Qatar
- Salt Lake County Library Services, Utah
- Sno-Isle Libraries, Washington
- Suffolk Cooperative Library System, New York
- Tulsa City-County Library, Oklahoma
- Worthington Libraries, Ohio
As of today, more data and service providers are partnering with Zepheira to create Linked Data Solutions for their libraries, including Atlas Systems, SirsiDynix and now Innovative. For more information on Zepheira's Linked Data technologies, please contact John (JR) Richardson at email@example.com
Zepheira is a leading provider of software and services designed to help libraries and related organizations make information available and more prominent on the Web. Founded in 2007, Zepheira has extensive experience creating products and solutions focused on the modernization of library information systems. Zepheira's founders and staff have played key roles in pioneering the next generation of the Web, including the semantic technology underlying most Web applications. For more information find us online: