Emeryville, CA—Innovative Interfaces, a leading provider of library automation software that empowers libraries globally, unveils Encore Release 4.5 with new capabilities to meet the changing requirements of today's libraries.
Fully integrated with the Sierra Library Services Platform and Millennium ILS, the Encore Discovery Solution delivers a truly comprehensive discovery experience for any library user. From helpful peer reviews, to hard-to-find books from partner libraries, or immediate full-text access, Encore provides deep indexing and real-time integration with underlying library systems.
"Encore Release 4.5 focuses on our continued commitment to an open discovery platform, which means that the library community can quickly find what they need," said Leif Pedersen, Executive Vice President at Innovative. "With a best-in-class offering for discovering articles, eBooks, events, social content, or any other resources, users uncover greater results from their search experience. As we continue to build upon this valuable platform, Innovative is proud to offer a sustainable discovery solution to our library partners."
The fourth release in one year, Encore Release 4.5 enhances the user experience and search flow by offering new discovery functionality, including:
- Patron Account for Encore Mobile—A native "My Account" in the Encore Mobile application offers a new menu with patron features that the user can navigate right from their mobile device. This includes checkouts, holds, fines/fees, programs, preferred searches, reading history, and customized patron lists;
- Baker & Taylor Axis360 Integration—Allows users to see real-time availability and the status of Axis360 materials in personalized browse and Encore patron page. Users can also check out, place holds, select format, and choose a check out period right from their desktop or mobile device;
- Social Capabilities—Enhancements allow the ability to sort by newest date and highest rating first on the full reviews display page. Additional updates include location to the reviewer information and the date stamp to reviews on the end user page;
- Research Starters for Encore Duet—Research Starters, articles that link to related information and detailed bibliographies from proprietary and encyclopedia sources, are now displayed at the top of the search results page;
- Advanced Search for Encore Duet—An improved user interface for the Advanced Search page ensures there is a better understanding of the data limits and expanders that apply to search results;
- Genre Facet—Allows the library to add a genre facet in addition to the custom facets currently available at that location;
- INN-Reach Link Visibility—Increased font size and style of the INN-Reach link provides greater visibility into the resources available from INN-Reach libraries to their users.
"With an improved Advanced Search interface and the introduction of Research Starters, Encore Release 4.5 demonstrates Innovative's continuing commitment to the product, and that it responds to customer feedback," said Brent Searle, Library Systems Manager at Langara College.
"An open discovery platform is paramount for long-term success within the library community", said Tamir Borensztajn, Vice President of Discovery Strategy at EBSCO. "The strategic alignment between EBSCO and Innovative is key to delivering the optimal experience for today's library users. The integrations for Research Starters and Advanced Search are great illustrations of the continued success of our partnership."
The new Encore features will be showcased at the upcoming Innovative Users Group Annual Conference, as well as the Public Library Association 2016 Conference. Visit the Innovative website to learn more about the Encore Discovery Solution.
Innovative (www.iii.com) provides leading technology solutions and services that empower libraries and enrich their users worldwide. Innovative offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of library automation products on the market today, serving academic, public, national, corporate and special libraries and consortia. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Innovative has a global presence—serving thousands of libraries in 66 countries and offices worldwide.