Villanova, Pennsylvania - September 28, 2015 - Version 2.5 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This new release adds several new features as well as further improving the stability and flexibility of the software.
Some key additions and changes:
- Improved internationalization features, including support for right-to-left languages and a new Arabic translation.
- New tools and settings for supporting high availability.
- An improved interface for tagging records.
- New "library card" system to allow a single user to access multiple accounts in a consortial environment.
- Updates to newer versions of key dependencies: Solr 4.10.4, Zend Framework 2.4.6 and Bootstrap 3.3.4.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.