Austin, Texas - August 10, 2015 - Biblionix, the major 2015 award winner for library automation systems, today announced that it is enhancing patron text message delivery and offering a new "Gabbie" messaging option for its Apollo ILS (Integrated Library System). Gabbie is an exciting and fun new way for Apollo customers to engage and serve their patrons.
- A console is provided for two-way texting conversations with individual patrons. Each conversation is hot linked for seamless opening of the patron's account.
- Patrons can send ‘command' texts, like "renew" and "summary" any time of day or night with no staff distraction or action required.
- The library can offer an "Ask a Librarian" type of service using its custom SMS/cell number. This can be promoted on its website, in emails, and in other marketing avenues. There is no need for a third party solution.
"As always, you are crazy awesome with features the big boys wish they could make happen," said Michelle Mears of the Rolling Hills Consolidated Library in St. Joseph, Missouri. "I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to team up with you!"
This is made possible by converting all of Apollo's text messaging capabilities to the SMS/Text Messaging system. Customers not opting for Gabbie still receive upgrades in delivery reliability and the freedom to no longer require the cellular phone carrier information.
The cutover for all customers will be on September 14, 2015. Prior to that, individual customers wishing to upgrade can do so. The Gabbie option will typically cost the library an additional $100 per year. All customers are upgraded to SMS messaging even if they decline the Gabbie option.
"As our customers are telling us, Gabbie is in the ‘awesome' category. It's exciting and a lot of fun to engage patrons in this new hot, high-tech approach," said Clark Charbonnet, a founder of Biblionix. "We're leveraging Apollo's cloud-only architecture to help our customers stay on the leading edge."
For more information on Biblionix, contact Dick Moeller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Biblionix, LLC
Biblionix and its Apollo Automation System are devoted solely to public libraries. All of its employees have worked or volunteered in a public library and some are still volunteering. This singular focus lets Biblionix excel at delighting just one type of customer. Already in 2015, its Apollo Automation System has received 3 major accolades:
- Apollo topped all ILS products in Marshall Breeding's "Perceptions" survey; for the 6th year in a row
- Apollo topped 45 ILS and IT companies in LibraryWorks' "2015 Library Purchasing Survey"
- Apollo received the top/Platinum ranking in LibraryWorks' "2015 Modern Library Awards"