Villanova, Pennsylvania - March 23, 2015 - Version 2.4 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This new release adds several new features as well as further improving the stability and flexibility of the software.
Some key additions and changes:
- A new default theme incorporating responsive design for a more consistent desktop vs. mobile experience.
- Support for the Piwik open source analytics tool.
- Integration with new web services including DPLA search results and Facebook authentication.
- Smarter indexing of call numbers for improved searching, sorting and browsing.
- Updates to the latest versions of key components, including Zend Framework and SolrMarc, and adjustments to take advantage of new language features found in PHP 5.4.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.