ByWater Solutions, an open source community contributor and America's forefront provider of Koha support, has upgraded their partner library systems to Koha 3.16! Koha 3.16 includes 6 new features, 197 enhancements to existing features, and 390 fixes. Thirteen of ByWater's Koha partner libraries sponsored developments in this release.
ByWater and the Koha community thank the following libraries for their contributions to Koha 3.16:
- Display date of lost or missing in Items Details sponsored by Marlboro College Library
- Sort display of staged/imported MARC records by "match" column sponsored by Arnold Library, Brooklyn Law School Library, and Edward Neisser Library
- SIP2 Fee Paid and Fee Paid Response support sponsored by Galecia Group
- ISBN Normalization sponsored by North Central Regional Library
- Suspend/unsuspend individual holds in OPAC sponsored by Roseville Public Library
- Add a search facet for home library sponsored by Roseville Public Library
- Loan checkins can be backdated to an arbitrary date sponsored by The Farmington Libraries
- Add link to Edit Items from record details sponsored by American Falls District Library
- Fee processing changes added as separate staff permission sponsored by Corpus Christi Public Libraries
- Speed up checkout via Ajax sponsored by American Falls District Library, North Central Regional Library, Northeast Kansas Library System, Roseville Public Library, Southeast Kansas Library System, and Washoe County Library System (Officially pushed into 3.18 but backported to 3.16.4)
In addition to the partner sponsored developments, Koha 3.16 includes:
- There is now the ability to use different templates for notices based on how the notice is to be sent. For example, is now possible to use different wording for email and SMS hold notifications.
- Users can now unselect active facets when refining search results.
- Search history can be now displayed and managed in the staff interface.
- Creating orders from staged files now offers much more flexibility.
- The public reports service can now accept report parameters.
- There is experimental support for Plack for development use.
- The index update script can now operate as a daemon, allowing the indexes to be updated within seconds of a catalog record getting updated.
Koha is the first open-source Integrated Library System (ILS). In use worldwide, its development is steered by a growing community of libraries collaborating to achieve their technology goals. Koha's impressive feature set continues to evolve and expand to meet the needs of its user base. It includes modules for circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, reserves, patron management, branch relationships, and more.
About ByWater Solutions
With over 10 years of experience, ByWater Solutions offers customized hosting, data migration, configuration, installation, training, support options and development of the enterprise class open source library system, Koha. Offering a 24/7 technical helpline, ByWater Solutions' clients have the support system they need to make their software work for them. ByWater Solutions pledges to share 100% of all developed code to the Koha community for the strengthening and advancement of the Koha ILS. For more information about ByWater Solutions, please visit: http://www.bywatersolutions.com