Villanova, Pennsylvania - August 11, 2014 - Version 2.3 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This new release adds several new features as well as further improving the stability and flexibility of the software.
Some key additions:
- Support for retrieving results from additional third-party services: EBSCO Discovery Service, EBSCO Integration Toolkit, Primo Central and LibGuides.
- New themes offering updated support for the Bootstrap framework.
- Support for ReCAPTCHA security on several key forms.
- Expanded account functionality, including user-initiated password changes and recovery by email.
- Expanded book cover display functionality, including the ability to generate dynamic cover images on the fly.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.