The Koha community is pleased to announce the release of version 3.14.0 of the Koha library automation system.
Koha 3.14.0 is a major functionality release that includes various new features, including:
- A new default theme, "Bootstrap", for the public catalog interface. The Bootstrap theme provides a responsive design that works well both for desktop web browsers and mobile devices.
- A new course reserves module.
- A new offline circulation module that is entirely browser-based.
- A revamp of the serials predication system which allows for significantly more flexibility in managing patterns.
- The ability to create lists of patrons.
- The ability to search for items to check out by keyword rather than barcode.
- The ability to overlay item records during batch imports.
- The ability to define rules (called MARC modification templates) for batch-modifying MARC records during import.
- Numerous acquisitions workflow improvements, including the ability to move orders from one vendor to another, search acquisitions history, merge duplicate invoices, and get warnings if a new order would over-commit a fund.
- Cataloging improvements including the ability to import authority record via Z39.50, the ability to merge authority records, and the ability to save and continue editing bib records.
- Support for schema.org microdata in the OPAC to increase the visibility of your catalog to search engines.
There are also a number of under-the-hood improvements, including
- Zebra DOM filter support for UNIMARC bib and authority records.
- The introduction of an ORM, DBIx::Class.
- Significantly improved unit test coverage.
And, as always, there are numerous bugfixes and minor improvements.
Koha can be downloaded from download.koha-community.org. Debian packages of Koha 3.14.0 will be available shortly.
As release manager for Koha 3.14, I would like to thank everybody who contributed patches, documentation, testing, moral support, money, and time to the effort. Koha users both old and new should find 3.14 a tasty piece of π indeed.