Duluth, GA — November 19, 2013. Equinox Software is proud to announce that the Evergreen Community has released Evergreen 2.5. This latest stable version of the open source ILS contains numerous bug fixes as well as a substantial number of new features, including:
- Browsing the Catalog
- Have you ever wanted to browse by subject (or author, or title) in the Evergreen catalog? Now you can! Authority control is not required, but it makes this feature even better!
- Web-based Patron Self-registration
- Patrons can now click a link in the TPAC and be taken to a customizable library card registration form. When saved, this form will send the information to the staff client and can be accessed in the "Pending Patrons" interface. When the patron arrives at the library in person, staff can verify information and activate the new patron quickly and easily.
- Option to Print Purchase Order Names
- Previously, in Evergreen, the PO Number printed on the Purchase Order. In 2.5, you can print both the PO Name and Number.
- Disable Patron Credit
- Patron credits may now be disallowed and the option hidden in the staff client through a simple Staff Client setting.
- Shelving Location Filter in the Catalog
For a complete listing and more information, please see the release notes: http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/previews/RELEASE_NOTES_2_5.html
Many thanks to all who contributed to this release, but especially to Dan Wells, who risked life and limb as release manager.
Evergreen may be downloaded from the community website at http://evergreen-ils.org/
About Equinox Software, Inc.
Equinox was founded by the original developers and designers of the Evergreen ILS. We are wholly devoted to the support and development of open source software in libraries, focusing on Evergreen, Koha, and the FulfILLment ILL system. We wrote over 80% of the Evergreen code base and continue to contribute more new features, bug fixes, and documentation than any other organization. Our team is fanatical about providing exceptional technical support. Over 98% of our support ticket responses are graded as "Excellent" by our customers. At Equinox, we are proud to be librarians. In fact, almost half of us have our ML(I)S. We understand you because we *are* you.
We are Equinox, and we'd like to be awesome for you.
Evergreen is an award-winning ILS developed with the intent of providing an open source product able to meet the diverse needs of consortia and high transaction public libraries. However, it has proven to be equally successful in smaller installations including special and academic libraries. Today, almost 1200 libraries across the US and Canada are using Evergreen including NC Cardinal, SC Lends, and B.C. Sitka.
For more information about Evergreen, including a list of all known Evergreen installations, see http://evergreen-ils.org.