Jerusalem, Israel—June 26, 2013. Ex Libris Group, a world leader in the provision of library technology solutions, is pleased to announce that it has recently signed agreements with numerous content providers to include new collections in the Primo Central Index. Offered as a cloud-based service to institutions around the globe, the Primo Central Index gives users access to hundreds of millions of scholarly e-resources of global and regional importance.
The following information providers have recently added their content to the Primo Central Index:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Begell House
- Bentham Science Publishers
- Edward Elgar Publishing
- The Electrochemical Society (ECS)
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Henrietta Szold Institute
- Informa Healthcare
- International Monetary Fund
- Nature Publishing Group
- now publishers
- Psychoanalytic Electronic Publishing (PEP)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- Spandidos Publications
- Walter De Gruyter
- Wolters Kluwer Health (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins)
Information providers that have expanded their agreements with Ex Libris to make additional content available in Primo Central include the following:
- Accessible Archives
- American Society of Microbiology (e-books)
- Brepols Publishers (Brepols Latin Full-Text Databases)
- Oxford University Press (Oxford online products included in the Oxford Index)
- World Scientific (e-books)
David Beychok, vice president of discovery and delivery solutions at Ex Libris, remarked: "Content from these distinguished information providers has expanded the sources of information available to the worldwide Primo user community. With the latest additions in the fields of science, the humanities, health, and economics, as well as our ongoing commitment to open-access materials, Primo Central is solidifying its reputation as a comprehensive and relevant research tool."
For more information, watch Primo Central plain and simple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDc6kJo6SX8
About Ex Libris
Ex Libris is a leading provider of automation solutions for academic, national, and research libraries. Offering the only comprehensive product suite for electronic, digital, and print materials, Ex Libris provides efficient, user-friendly products that serve the needs of libraries today and will facilitate their transition into the future. Ex Libris maintains an impressive customer base consisting of thousands of sites in more than 80 countries on six continents.
Dedicated to developing creative solutions in close collaboration with customers, Ex Libris enables libraries to maximize productivity and efficiency and, at the same time, greatly enhance the user experience. By empowering users to discover and obtain the information they need, libraries ensure their position as the bridge to knowledge.