PROVO, UT, May 18, 2009 – SirsiDynix, the world’s leader in strategic technology solutions for libraries, is pleased to announce that SirsiDynix Enterprise, a leading edge search and discovery tool, is coming to over 30 libraries across the world in the next few months.
The following customers are among those who recently chose SirsiDynix Enterprise as their search and discovery solution:
- Alexandria Library
- Alliance Library System
- Avon Lake Public Library
- Baystate Medical Center
- Bedford Public Library
- Burley Public Library
- City of Yarra
- Cromaine District Library
- Cumberland County Libraries
- Eaton Corporation
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Fachhochschule Trier, Standort
- Glasgow Colleges
- Grand Ledge Area District Library
- Imperial Valley College
- Kalamazoo Public Library
- Maricopa County Community College District
- Montgomery City-County Public Library
- North Logan City Library
- Pioneer Library System
- Suburban Library Cooperative
- Washoe County Library System
- Thiel College Langenheim Memorial Library
- Umwelt-Campus Birkenfeld
- University of Buckingham
- University for the Creative Arts
- Warren County Library
- Wells County Public Library
- Yuma County Library District
SirsiDynix Enterprise is a search and discovery tool that helps patrons find what they need through a single search box. Accurate search results can be found even when typos, misspellings, diacritics, prefixes, and suffixes are involved. In addition, community features such as ratings and reviews can be added through ChiliFresh.
Other features include:
- Trigram analysis, or "fuzzy logic" which evaluates each trigram in a word to allow for typos, diacritics and more: a first in the library search and discovery market
- "Did you mean" suggestions which are based on terms in the catalog (rather than a generic third-party dictionary)
- Dynamic search suggestions
- Delivery of saved searches through an RSS web feed
- Email and print options for search results
- Built-in "Library Favorites"
- The capability for libraries to define their own "Favorites", profiles, languages and filters
- Available for any size of library or consortia
An example of SirsiDynix Enterprise can be found at Wells County Public Library’s Enhanced Search site (http://welc.ent.sirsi.net/vse/app). Christine Will, Systems Administrator at Wells County said, "Our site has been using Enterprise for the past couple months. We advertise it to our customers as our new enhanced searching. We are excited about the possibilities and the direction Enterprise will take our online catalog."
Gary Rautenstrauch, SirsiDynix chief executive officer, said "We are pleased with the features and ease of use that Enterprise offers both library staff and users, and we congratulate those who have taken the bold step to make searching more powerful and relevant. We look forward to further development and innovations in Enterprise and are confident it will continue to make searching both easy and powerful in the future."
For a private demo or further information on SirsiDynix Enterprise, feel free to contact a SirsiDynix sales professional at 1-800-288-8020, ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SirsiDynix helps libraries succeed. With SirsiDynix you have the leader in strategic technology solutions on your team, and deep functionality plus experience working for you. SirsiDynix offers a suite of superior library management and user experience solutions. These solutions help libraries improve internal productivity and enhance a library’s capabilities to better meet the needs of people and communities, making libraries more relevant than ever. SirsiDynix serves more than 20,000 library outlets and 300 million people through its 4,000+ library and consortia partners in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.sirsidynix.com.