Blacksburg, VA - VTLS announced today that by the end of 2004, VTLS had signed an additional twenty-three new international sales of the VIRTUA and FASTRAC products. The sales were distributed around the globe, with seven new sales in Malaysia, four in Belgium, three in India, two in Thailand, two in UAE, one in Pakistan, one in Qatar, one in Indonesia, one in Kuwait, and one in Russia. Two of the sales were of FASTRAC, VTLS's RFID product, one in Belgium and one in Malaysia, indicating the product's potential to meet the diverse needs of a global marketplace. Four of the sales of VIRTUA were migrations from VTLS Classic.
Sites included in the sales were:
- Taylor's College (VIRTUA migration)
- National Library of Malaysia (VIRTUA migration)
- University Tunkun Abdul Raman
- Perdana Leadership Foundation (VIRTUA & FASTRAC)
- Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan
- Institute Bank - Bank Malaysia
- International Islamic Digital Library
- FacultÚs Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix
- UniversitÚ Catholique de Louvain (FASTRAC)
- FacultÚs Universitaires Catholiques de Mons
- FacultÚs Universitaires Saint-Louis
- Jawaharial Nehru Technical University
- National Academy of Legal Studies
- Mae Fah Luang University
- Rajabhat Institute Phranakohn - Bangkok
- Emirates Institute for Banking & Financial Studies
- UAE Naval College
- Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (VIRTUA migration)
- Far Eastern National Unversity
- Qatar Petroleum
- Lahore University of Management Sciences
- National Library of Indonesia (VIRTUA migration)
"These sales continue to underscore the fact that VTLS develops products that handle global information needs in a variety of settings," said Vinod Chachra, Chairman and CEO of VTLS. "These customers range from National Libraries, to businesses, to educational and governmental libraries in countries with diverse languages and workflows. VIRTUA and now FASTRAC, meet those needs and when coupled with our unique vision and direction for the future of information handling, makes for a compelling solution."
About VTLS Inc.
VTLS Inc. (www.vtls.com) is a leading global company that creates and provides visionary technology in library solutions. We have three distinct divisions that serve a diverse customer base of more than 900 libraries in over 35 countries. Our VIRTUA division remains focused on ILS solutions. Our VTRAX division focuses on RFID technologies through a partnership with Tagsys and FKI Logistex. Our Digital Asset Creation & Management division provides cutting edge software and services for Digital Libraries. VTLS is also one of the few ISO 9001 quality certified companies within the library industry.