July 28, 2014 -- Emeryville, CA. Innovative announced today that Vital 6.1 is now in general release. Vital is a digital and institutional repository solution that is simple to use yet highly customizable. Version 6.1 includes additional metadata schema support, expanded API and administrator functionality, and additional image conversion options.
"Vital 6.1 adds to the extensive user functionality and support of data formats that the product has been known for, giving library staff even more powerful tools for entering and cataloging their digital repository items," says Robert Pillow, Chief Librarian, Product Management for VTLS products at Innovative. "Libraries around the world can take advantage of the wide array of metadata support and customizable options to manage all of their unique digital content."
The enhancements included in Vital 6.1 include:
- Enhanced SRU support to include MARCXML, MADS, and MODS schemas beyond the Dublin Core schema previously supported
- Enhanced the Vital Object page to include the ability for an end user to download all of the datastreams for the object either as individual files or as a ZIP file, and to select which datastreams to include, or select all
- Upgraded Solr to version 4.0
- Improved object relationship selection using AJAX
- Expanded Relationships API to include an API for reified relationships
- Added administrative section for admin users to view any objects that have not yet been indexed in the repository
- Added native support for the TEI metadata schema to include mappings from TEI to Dublin Core
- Exposed all fields that are indexed in an object's Solr document to Vital's templates for display and/or customization
- Enhanced Shibboleth support to authorize users based on multiple attributes
- Added ability for Vital and Fedora to now use the same database instead of two separate databases
- Added image conversions to be defined at the point of uploading, including TIFF to JPEG2000 and TIFF to JPEG; for JPEG creation, administrators may also define the size of the JPEG to be created (e.g. small, medium, large)
Innovative (www.iii.com) is dedicated to providing leading technology solutions and services that empower libraries and enrich their users worldwide. Innovative offers one of the broadest and most complete portfolio of library automation products on the market today. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Innovative serves thousands of libraries in 66 countries and has offices around the world.