NEW YORK - Jan 24, 2013. Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the Dorval Public Library has implemented Infor V-smart to help deliver next-generation services to library users and create state-of-the-art search functionality. The integrated solution enables the library to attract new members and improve service to current users by providing access to both digital and traditional collections.
- Dorval Public Library patrons gain quick online access to the library's diverse bilingual collections and a range of interactive options to manage account information and loans.
- The solution enables improved management of collections through flexible data formats, delivering a rich discovery environment for library users.
- Through its integrated modules, Infor V-smart delivers efficiency across core library functions including circulation, cataloguing, acquisitions, serials management, and reporting.
- Infor V-smart also provides easy integration with external resources such as subscription databases and e-books.
- Infor V-smart is currently available in multiple languages, allowing both English and French-speaking library members and staff to fully utilize the system.
- In addition to V-smart, Dorval has implemented the Infor V-insight statistical analysis portal to understand and grow usage of collections and services.
- Dorval Public Library is planning a future implementation of the Iguana web portal and discovery platform, which will allow the library to offer patrons a customizable and interactive online experience. Once implemented, Iguana will automatically display relevant information based on user preferences and interests.
Dorval Public Library Quote
"Previously our members could only connect with the system while on site at the library, so they were unable to search for collection materials or view account data while at home," said Linda Burdayron, Division Chief, Library and Cultural Services, City of Dorval. "With Infor V-smart, we can appeal to a new generation of library members through the solution's collaborative user interface, sophisticated search functionality and personalized online environment that can be utilized from any location."
"Infor helps libraries gain operational efficiencies and drive usage of collections and services," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "With our end-to-end solutions, libraries create a true repository of knowledge, extend services, and gain key insight into overall performance for effective decision making."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
Infor Library and Information Solutions - www.infor.com/industries/more/library/
Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About the Dorval Public Library
The Dorval Public Library is located in Dorval on the west end of the Island of Montreal, Quebec. Originally settled in 1667 as a Catholic mission, Dorval officially became a city in 1956. The library serves a growing population of approximately 18,600 residents of which 7,000 are registered patrons. Dorval is a bilingual city with an almost equal number of English and French-speaking residents.
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.