MCHENRY, Ill., April 12, 2012 – Follett Software Company released Destiny 10.1 this week, with new features for the market-leading K-12 software product that will allow customers to perform more efficiently and connect with their students in an entirely new way.
Highlights of the 10.1 release include Destiny's integration with Titlewave – the world's leading collection development and management tool from Follett Library Resources – and Aspen – Follett Software's student information system (SIS). FollettShelf integration allows student to have an enhanced eBook reading experience anywhere, anytime by reading a Follett eBook on a tablet or downloading it to a personal computer.
Here is a closer look at Destiny 10.1 features:
- Integration with Titlewave: Direct connection with Titlewave gives customers an easy way to order the new materials they need from Follett and to import MARC records into Destiny seamlessly. Also, with Titlewave, customers are able to see a complete view of their order history and have the ability to analyze and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in their library collection. Plus, customers can now submit data from Destiny to TitleWise – a quick, easy and comprehensive online collection analysis tool from Follett Library Resources that analyzes data in the customer's collection and helps identify its strengths and weaknesses. Data can be submitted without having to download from Destiny and then upload to Titlewave, thus dramatically enhancing the ease for performing regular collection analysis.
- Direct integration with Aspen: Aspen gives districts the opportunity to house all of their student data, easily find it, report on it, analyze it and use it to the fullest extent. The Destiny integration allows Aspen users to search and access Destiny resources from the newly introduced Aspen Curriculum and Learning.
- Better eBook reading experience for students: Direct integration between Destiny and FollettShelf lets students browse their library's Follett eBook collection, check out using the free Digital Reader app and read their Follett eBooks – anytime, anywhere – from their own tablet devices or personal computers.
- New social media features: Students can now post or share links to items in Destiny to Facebook or Twitter.
- Complete a search of your district's assets in record time: Advanced searching capability in Destiny Asset Manager 10.1 allows customers to expand their search criteria for assets by department, home location, funding source, custodians and purchase price.
"We are excited to make it easier for our Destiny Library Manager customers to use Titlewave to support their acquisition and collection analysis needs," said Don Rokusek, Follett Software's Destiny program director. "We know that time is precious. These integrated functions will save our users plenty of time in these areas, and help to ensure their collections are as complete and current as possible for their students."
Existing Destiny customers with current technical support are entitled to the 10.1 upgrade at no additional cost.
For more information about:
- Follett Software Company and Destiny, visit www.FollettSoftware.com
- Titlewave and TitleWise, visit www.Titlewave.com
- FollettShelf and Follett eBooks, visit www.follettshelf.com
About Follett's PreK-12 Business
Follett is the largest provider of educational materials and technology solutions to PreK-12 libraries, classrooms, learning centers and school districts in the United States, and a major supplier to educational institutions worldwide. Follett distributes books, reference materials, digital resources, eBooks and audiovisual materials, as well as pre-owned textbooks. Follett also is one of the leading providers of integrated educational technology for the management of physical and digital assets, the tracking, storing and analyzing of academic data, and digital learning environment tools for the classroom focusing on student achievement.
Follett Corporation is a $2.7 billion, privately held company that provides products, services and solutions to the educational marketplace. Follett Corporation was founded in 1873, and today is headquartered in River Grove, Illinois.