OCLC is pleased to announce that EZproxy is now available as a hosted service. The hosted version will make one-click access to eContent a reality for many libraries who may not have in-house expertise--or who may have more pressing matters for IT staff to handle.
Benefits of the new EZproxy hosted service include:
- Timely addition of new databases
- Reduced reliance on technical staff for initial configuration or ongoing configuration file changes
- Peace of mind with a secure environment and security for user information
- 24/7/365 access monitoring and reporting on usage
- Elimination of local proxy server (or other hardware) maintenance
- Automatic updating for bi-annual enhancements
EZproxy hosted service is available as a yearly subscription, based on FTE or population served. All hosted implementations will run the latest release of EZproxy, currently version 5.3. Current EZproxy client users can use their existing configuration files when moving to the hosted service. New EZproxy users also receive up to ten (10) hours of configuration time in the first year's subscription, with additional configuration time available by the hour. OCLC also supplies the security certificate for libraries who subscribe to the hosted service.
The hosted version of EZproxy is currently available for libraries in the United States and Canada. Hosted versions will be available for additional regions at a later date.