Other Info: Simmons Library was the first permanentlocation of the Kenosha Public Library. It was donated by Zalmon Simmons to honor his son, Gilbert M. Simmons. Architect Daniel J. Burnham, the leader of design for the World's Columbian Exposition of Chicago in1893, designed the 9,045 square foot, neoclassical revival building. The Simmons Library opened on Memorial Day, 1900. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. Today the library provides 5,300 square feet of usable public space. The Hannah C. Stoker Children’s Reading Room, located on the lower level of Simmons Library, was built in 2005 through a bequest by the Kenosha Public Library Foundation.
(Use this link to refer back to this listing.)
Administration: The director of the library is Douglas Baker .
Organizational structure: This is a publicly funded and managed library.
Wireless: The library offers wireless access to the Internet.
|Product Name||Year Contracted|
|Current Automation System||Symphony||2015|
|Previous Automation System||Vubis Smart||2006|
|Previous Automation System||Advance||1991|
|(* Older versions of SirsiDynix Symphony were called Unicorn)|
|The library participates in the shared automation system provided by the Shared Holding and Resource Exchange (view map)|
Technology Interoperability Survey:
We are conducting a study on factors related to the selection and interoperability of technology systems in academic libraries.
Record History: This listing was created on Oct 5, 2005 and was last modified on Dec 10, 2021.
Updates: Corrections or Updates? Registered members of Library Technology Guides can submit updates to library listings in libraries.org. Registration is free and easy. Already registered? login. Or, you can report corrections just by sending a message to Marshall Breeding.