5 Oriente Núm. 5
Other Info: The Palafoxiana Library is the only colonial bibliographical wealth that is conserved in its original condition in America. It was established by Juan de Palafox y Mendoza in 1648 and moved to its current location in 1773 by order of Francisco Fabián y Fuero who magnified it with the central altarpiece and the bookcase. Today, it has 41582 volumes that date from the XV until the XIX century. Aware of their bibliographical and architectural value the Ministry of Culture of the State of Puebla began in the year 2000 the project of Cataloguing and Classification, which had as limits the norms ISBD(A). The results achieved were: a compatible electronic catalog with format MARC for the consultation of the wealth and knowledge, the library has nine incunabulars, six of those which are only in Mexico, eight Mexican Printings of the XVI century, one of the most complete collections in Printings of Puebla and hand written books among those we can find Clavis Prophetarum of Antonio Vieyra of which only fifteen copies exist in the world. The Palafoxiana Library has undertaken diverse activities with the purpose of investigating, to spread and to conserve the bibliographical wealth and to exchange consultantships to other libraries
(Use this link to refer back to this listing.)
Administration: The director of the library is Estela Galicia Domínguez .
|Product Name||Year Contracted|
Record History: This listing was created on May 10, 2003 and was last modified on Nov 19, 2017.