The following companies have recently added new data bases and expanded their services in other ways.
- BRS will mount Meckler Publishing's Subject Guide and Supplement to Micro forms in Print and Words on Tape beginning in the second quarter of 1986.
- Disclosure's data base will continue to be available through Dialog, with an upgraded version to be loaded in early 1986. There will also be a new product: Compact Disclosure, a CD-ROM based file. The CD-ROM disk contains profiles for over 10,000 companies, with the information gathered from 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, etc. The system requires an IBM PC. Disclosure supplies the compact optical disk player, the software, and quarterly or annual updates. Prices are from $2,200 to $4,500 a year depending on the customer type and frequency of updates.
- Mead Data Central has added the Los Angeles Times.
- Pergamon Infoline reduced rates to $25 a search in late 1985 and on the basis of the response has decided to offer the rate to users who agree to do 50 patent family searches in the next 12 months. Unlimited searches cost $3,600 a year.
- VU/TEXT has added the Albany Times-Union, Anchorage Daily News, Arizona Republic, Charlotte Observer, Dallas Times-Herald, Knickerbocker News, Los Angeles Daily News, and Phoenix Republic to its full—text data base service. VU/TEXT is now available through a gateway in ALANET.
[Contact: BRS, 1200 Route 7, Latham, NY 11219, (518) 783—1161; Disclosure, 5161 River Road, Bethesda, MD 20816, (301) 951-1300; Mead Data Central, 9393 Springboro Pike, P0 Box 933, Dayton, OH 45401, (513) 865—6877; Pergamon Infoline, 1340 Old Chain Bridge Road, McLean, VA 22101, (703) 442-0900; VU/TEXT Information Services, 1211 Chestnut Street, Suite 205, Philadelphia, PA 19107, (215) 665—3300.]