Some of the newest customers that demonstrate the wide spectrum of institutions using Menu Builder include:
- Consortia/library networks: OPLIN (Ohio Public Library Information Network), C/W MARS (Central/Western Massachusetts Automated Resource Sharing Network), Lewis & Clark Library System (Missouri), and CRLC (Capitol Region Library Council – Connecticut).
- Academic libraries: East Carolina University, Sarasota County School Board, and Virginia Community College.
- Government libraries: US Army – Pentagon, US Nuclear Commission, Air Force Warfare Department, and the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Special libraries: National Press Club, Organisation for the Prevention of Chemical Warfare.
- International sites: State Library of Australia, Swiss National Library, and the University of Macedonia (Greece).
The current version of Menu Builder also provides a usage tracking feature that allows a library to assess the frequency and length of time a program is used. For additional security with Menu Builder, CARL has partnered with Hyper Technologies, Inc. to market Hyper Technologies' WinSelect KIOSK, software that allows libraries to secure public workstations running third-party applications like web browsers and office desktop applications by “disabling”or “graying out” menu items. KIOSK also prevents users from accessing application functions such as Minimize, Maximize, Size, and Close.
For more information on Menu Builder and IKIOSK, please contact Lisa Gonzales at CARL by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 888-439-2275 x154. Menu Builder can be ordered online at http://www.carl.org/emb.