IPSWICH, Mass. – April 19, 2016 – Digital magazine archives from EBSCO Information Services (EBSCO) are now available for five renowned Time Inc. brands. These include the complete, extensive and searchable digital versions of the Fortune, Life, People, Sports Illustrated and Time Magazine Archives.
Time Inc. content provides researchers access to information about 20th-century history, politics and culture, as well as the history of business, advertising, sports and leisure.
Each digital archive includes full indexing of all articles and advertisements, making it easy to search using the EBSCOhost and EBSCO Discovery Service interfaces.
"These digital magazine archives will allow scholarly and casual researchers to easily find relevant content from Time Inc. while using EBSCO resources that are familiar to them," said Mike Laddin, EBSCO Senior Vice President of Product Management.
Jim Jacovides, Senior Vice President of Partnerships, Licensing and Syndication, Time Inc., added, "Time Inc. is pleased to extend its long-standing relationship with EBSCO through this new partnership to offer content from five of our iconic brands to EBSCO's users through its archive products."
Over the years, the Time Inc. brands have connected readers to some of the biggest ideas and innovations of our time, each with its own focus.
- Fortune, a global leader in business journalism, is known for its unrivaled access to industry leaders and decision makers. Founded in 1930, Fortune has transformed into a digital-first operation with nearly 17 million monthly unique visitors on Fortune.com, as well as 3.4 million global readers in print. Fortune is home to some of the strongest business franchises, including: Fortune 500, Best Companies to Work For, World's Most Admired Companies, Fastest Growing Companies and Most Powerful Women. The Fortune Conference Division extends the brand's mission into live settings, hosting a wide range of annual conferences for top-level executives, including the Fortune Global Forum and the Most Powerful Women Summit.
- Since 1936, Life has used photojournalism to document current events, daily living and topics of cultural and environmental interest around the world by presenting extraordinary images of people, animals, landscapes and technology with informative captions.
- People revolutionized personality journalism when it launched as a weekly in 1974 to celebrate extraordinary people doing ordinary things and ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
- Sports Illustrated chronicles weekly events in the world of sports. Originally focused on amateur and recreational sports, such as polo and boating, the magazine broadened its scope to document the evolution of professional and collegiate sports, as well as marketing, business and culture at large.
- The world's most trusted source for news, Time captures the events that shape our lives through exceptional reporting, writing, video and photography. Time reaches more than 100 million readers worldwide, including the domestic and international print editions, Time.com, social platforms, visual journalism and Time for Kids. With a social reach of more than 30 million, Time has one of the largest followings of any magazine brand in the industry. Time has 9.5 million Facebook followers, more than 10 million Twitter followers and 2.2 million Instagram followers.
The Time Inc. brands are the latest additions to the EBSCO archives. Other archives currently available include Architectural Digest, Forbes, Bloomberg Businessweek, the National Review, the New Republic, New Scientist and The Nation. For more information, visit http://www.ebscohost.com/archives.
About EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EBSCO) is the leading discovery service provider for libraries worldwide with more than 10,000 discovery customers in over 100 countries. EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) provides each institution with a comprehensive, single search box for its entire collection, offering unparalleled relevance ranking quality and extensive customization. EBSCO is also the preeminent provider of online research content for libraries, including hundreds of research databases, historical archives, point-of-care medical reference, and corporate learning tools serving millions of end users at tens of thousands of institutions. EBSCO is the leading provider of electronic journals & books for libraries, with subscription management for more than 360,000 serials, including more than 57,000 e-journals, as well as online access to more than 800,000 e-books. For more information, visit the EBSCO website at: www.ebsco.com. EBSCO Information Services is a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., a family owned company since 1944.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is one of the world's leading media companies, with a monthly global print audience of over 120 million and worldwide digital properties that attract more than 150 million visitors each month, including over 60 websites. Our influential brands include People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Time, Real Simple, Southern Living, Entertainment Weekly, Travel + Leisure, Cooking Light, Fortune and Food & Wine, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom, such as Decanter, Horse & Hound and Wallpaper*. Time Inc. is home to celebrated franchises and events, including the Fortune 500, Time 100, People's Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson of the Year, the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, the Essence Festival and the biennial Fortune Global Forum. Hundreds of thousands of people attend our live media events every year. We have been extending the power of our brands through various investments and acquisitions, including the formation of Sports Illustrated Play, a new business devoted to youth and amateur sports, and the acquisition of INVNT, a company that specializes in live media. We also provide content marketing, targeted local print and digital advertising programs, branded book publishing and marketing and support services, including subscription sales services for magazines and other products, retail distribution and marketing services and customer service and fulfillment services, for ourselves and third-party clients, including other magazine publishers.