2 June 2014: Civica, a leader in specialist systems and business process services that help organisations to transform the way they work, has announced the release of Spydus 9.1.3, the latest version of its market-leading library software.
This upgrade brings many new features to Spydus 9, many of which were requests from the Spydus User community through the active SPUN user forum and Civica research.
Highlights of the latest release of Spydus 9, which has already seen unprecedented take up by the Spydus community, include:
- Seamless e-content integration with Overdrive and Axis360. This interface enables users to search, view availability and borrower books without leaving the Spydus OPAC. Loans statistics for e-content is captured in Spydus and borrowers can track their digital and physical loans in a single library account.
- Continued improvements to web based Circulation client including placing reservations
- "Find information" navigation bar consistent across all OPAC pages
- Ability to suspend multiple reservations
- Increased options for Institutional Borrowers including option for PIN and to send notices
- Improved Self Service module
- Various fixes - Civica continues to improve the existing features of Spydus 9
Spydus customers wishing to view the full list of new features should contact their Account Manager.
"This release continues to build on the strong community centric focus of Spydus 9," said Marc Nolan, Civica Library Solutions Managing Director. "Working closely with popular e-content suppliers such as Baker & Taylor and Overdrive brings a more unified search experience to the borrower, which results in greater library usage. This is what our libraries have been asking of us and we are pleased to have delivered."
About Spydus 9
Spydus 9 is a web-based system that can be provided as a cloud service for individual libraries and consortium groups. It has been developed to help improve services and efficiency through modern self-service and library management capabilities including comprehensive smartphone and tablet functionality. Spydus 9 incorporates a real time discovery layer, digital asset management and an archives solution based on international archiving standards.
Civica is a market leader in specialist systems and business process services for organisations across the public sector and around the world. Through experienced people who understand service delivery, the Group applies software, cloud-based services and outsourcing to help customers transform the way they work. Drawing on a unique combination of people, technology and business process expertise, Civica supplies more than 2,500 organisations in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada and the USA.
About Civica Library Solutions
Civica Library Solutions is a leading global library solution provider with over 2,000 installations and a range of offerings from application software and technology managed services to full library outsourcing. The Spydus system provides a comprehensive solution covering physical, digital, heritage and cultural resources. Through its managed and cloud-based services Civica provides powerful consortia and regional management systems or traditional single customer software. Outsourcing services cover collection management, full library management and operations outsourcing, and the provision of a range of library-related community development programs such as media literacy and reading programs.