ST. PAUL, Minn. – January 6, 2011 – 3M Library Systems will introduce a number of products and services at the American Library Association (ALA) Midwinter Conference & Exhibition, January 7-11 in San Diego. At the 3M booth, #2011, visitors can see or learn more about the latest in 3M's offerings of efficient and flexible solutions and services, including:
- Technology Subscription Program, allows libraries to subscribe to solutions offering the latest technology without waiting for major funding. They can realize the benefits immediately, and take advantage of flexible subscription periods and payment schedules
- Patron and staff mobile applications for 3M RFID platform, allowing patrons to use popular apps that store a picture of their library card barcode that can be used to check out media at a 3M SelfCheck System, rather than needing to use their physical card. These applications can be used on mobile devices such as the iPhone, the Blackberry and the Droid. Library staff can now have critical messages sent directly to these devices from 3M Command Center.
- Command Center 1.0, advanced reporting and central management software for RFID and beyond. 3M will demonstrate the newest feature of Command Center – interoperability with the Apple iPad – at the conference.
- Mobile Staff Workstation, a new mobile circulation solution that allows library staff to assist patrons with checkout and check-in anywhere in the library, as well as to leave the desk and PC to assist patrons with a variety of other tasks throughout the library.
- eTraining, more than 20 new training modules will be available on the 3M Library Systems website starting with several 3M SelfCheck System models later this month. The modules will include print and video instructions for setting up, managing and configuring the systems, with modules for additional self-service and other solutions available throughout the first quarter of 2010.
About 3M Library Systems
3M Library Systems is the only company that develops, designs, and manufactures cutting-edge conversion, circulation, collection management, and security solutions. Finding the technology solution that is right for our customers, 3M's promise is to deliver a long term partnership that is built to exceed their expectations. For more information about 3M Library Systems, visit http://www.3m.com/library.
A recognized leader in research and development, 3M produces thousands of innovative products for dozens of diverse markets. 3M's core strength is applying its more than 40 distinct technology platforms – often in combination – to a wide array of customer needs. With $23 billion in sales, 3M employs 75,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3m.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.