CHIPPENHAM, UNITED KINGDOM, 23 November 2010. Convergent Software announces that it is launching a range of software products for the library community. These meet the new conformance requirements recently announced on the RFID for Libraries Support website.
There are two products in the initial offering designed to help stakeholders to future-proof their investment in ISO 28560-2:
- ISO 28560-2 Planning and Modelling software: This software allows libraries and other stakeholders to experiment with the encoding options of ISO 28560-2 by selecting and arranging data elements and encoding these on a simulated tag. The main advantage of this software is that it can be used as part of a pre-investment process without requiring any RFID hardware or tags. This product incorporates our Template Builder & Data Builder tools.
- ISO 28560-2 Quality Control software: This software combines the functionality of a fully compliant decoder with the additional powerful function of diagnostic software that identifies encoding errors and points to possible causes of those encoding errors. This product incorporates our Template Builder, Data Decoder & Data Doctor tools.
- ISO 28560-2 Comprehensive software: This software combines the functionality of the planning software and the quality control software products with our Data Editor tool. This will provide the most comprehensive support for ISO 28560-2.
- an interface module that enables the various software-only products to be linked to specific RFID encoding/decoding devices. This version of the software will take the simulation one stage further and allow prototype tags to be produced for testing purposes. It also can read tags claiming compliance with ISO 28560-2 and report any errors in a comprehensive diagnostic report.
All the products meet the requirements of the recently published Guidelines for ISO 28560-2 Conformant Devices and Processes. A Compliance Statement is available on our website which explains in detail how the software products achieve this. See: http://www.convergent-software.co.uk/docs/CSL%20ISO%2028560-2%20Conformance.pdf
Convergent Software Limited is still offering its two software development schemes to help RFID vendors in the library sector to rapidly develop their support for the new ISO standard.
- The Benchmark scheme provides software and support to those companies developing their own bespoke system to support ISO 28560-2.
- The Integration scheme enables software developed by Convergent Software Limited to be embedded in vendors' software as an OEM component.
For more RFID-related information and details of all the ISO 28560-2 software, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit company's website at http://www.convergent-software.co.uk