Norcross, Ga. - March 19, 2010. ITG (Integrated Technology Group) will release v3.0 of its ALPS (Automated Library Patron Services) public computer management package on March 31, 2010. An integrated single solution for computer and print management in libraries, ALPS now couples its low cost and reliability with many updated configuration options and new features.
Tightly integrated with most ILS packages, ALPS comes with standard features such as access and time control, patron authentication, print management, statistics collection, automatic reservations and waiting lists, and remote management. ALPS is offered on a subscription basis with nothing to buy and no installation charges. A purchase option is also available.
New ALPS v3.0 features include:
- Auto Update - The PAC workstation checks for software updates and self-installs
- Time Control Management - Libraries can set session limits based upon policy and use. Bonus time can be allocated to those needing a specified time segment i.e. for test taking
- Install Wizard - ALPS can install to default settings. Customization can be done as necessary
- SQL Authentication -If library's ILS is not SIP based, patron authentication can be done from SQL database
- Wireless Printing - Patrons can print from their own laptops or computers, either at the library or remotely
- ITG Coin box - ALPS now works with ITG-compatible coin boxes as well as Jamax
- Cash Payment Screen - Now updated for easier use
- Online Reservations - Computer reservations now can be made from patron's home computer via internet
- Guest Account - Library can create temporary guest accounts, optionally generating and printing bar codes
Unlike other similar products, the various functions of ALPS integrate together seamlessly in one easy to manage package. Since its introduction by ITG in early 2009, it has filled a void for academic and public libraries looking to fully automate computer and print management without straining budgets.
About the Integrated Technology Group
Integrated Technology Group (www.integratedtek.com) develops, markets, and supports library automation technologies that empower librarians to make operations more efficient and better serve their patrons. ITG's products include patron self-checkout, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Automated Materials Handling (AMH) systems, library materials security, public computer reservation, and print management. With over 30 years experience in the library industry, ITG combines smart technology and progressive design to create standard solutions that can be easily customized to meet site-specific requirements. ITG, a division of Vernon Library Supplies, Inc., is headquartered in Norcross, Georgia.