Huntsville, Alabama, April 14, 2009 – Book Systems, Inc., announced today the release of Atriuum 4.0. The widely held Web-based library automation software continues its tradition of excellent features and affordable pricing with the release of version 4.0. Atriuum has incorporated advanced Web technologies to increase the efficiency of network traffic and improve the overall effectiveness of key features.
New enhancements in Atriuum 4.0
- SURFit: Atriuum’s Federated Searching Module allows Atriuum to connect to over 40 different Web services to allow patrons to search past the walls of the library. The module supports a combination of free and subscription services to support all levels of education.
- Autonomous OPAC: Public libraries now have the choice to customize each branch’s OPAC to fit the needs of their patrons.
- OPAC Themes: Atriuum is delivering several new themes based on holidays and seasons. Seven new themes have been added so far with more planned throughout the year. An intermediate KidZviZ theme with combination searching has also been added to support older children.
- Advanced OPAC Searching: Users can enter an exact substring search on the Expert Search page to narrow the search to the specific phrase given.
- Control Number support for MARC Records: Imported records using multiple formats of ISBNs can replace the correct bibliographic record by Control Number.
- Scheduled Report Management: Allows an administrator to access district-wide report scheduling.
- Expanded Circulation Item Lookup: Provides searching by all standard bibliographic fields along with the barcode.
About Book Systems, Inc.
Book Systems Inc. provides affordable feature-rich library software that delivers solutions to libraries of all sizes. Our software is suited to fit the needs of librarians in a technology driven world, while still being easy to learn and user-friendly. Atriuum offers an easy-to-use circulation desk, quick cataloging, MARC editing, analysis, easy-to-create reports, theme choices, serials, acquisitions and textbook management. Our software provides more features and demands fewer resources. Book Systems is dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction, and has implemented library automation solutions in thousands of libraries around the world. The company’s philosophy is very simple: create quality products; test them with input and direction from librarians in the field; and back them up with renowned customer service and support. Book Systems is a privately-owned company with its corporate headquarters located in Huntsville, Alabama, where NASA’s space programs and other government technologies have created a vibrant environment of innovation. Further information is available at www.booksys.com.