July 10, 2009 -- Emeryville, CA. Innovative announced today that its Content Pro digital library solution is now in general release. Content Pro promotes local digital content so libraries can best showcase their unique collections, through its intuitive web interface or as harvested metadata in the Encore discovery services platform. Content Pro metadata can be harvested via the OAI-PMH standard into aggregators such as OAISter for broader web access; while an elegant submission tool gives all levels of library staff the means to add content and metadata quickly and easily.
Content Pro: Key Features of General Release
- Simple search experience
- Audio and video streaming
- Easy keyword searching with Innovative's RightResult relevance-ranking technology
- Visual browsing of collections with thumbnail images
- Full Unicode compliance, so resources in any language can be discovered
- Harvesting into the Encore discovery services platform for greater discovery and community tagging
- OAI-PMH-compliant data provider, enabling harvesting into web aggregators such as OAIster
- Timely promotion of newly added content through RSS feeds
- A simple, one-step publishing interface with Qualified Dublin CoreSM data fields
- Controlled vocabulary that responds to your metadata set and builds as you build your collections
- Any file type: images, multimedia, PDF
Innovative also offers data migration services and quick start implementation to ensure a successful launch. Talk to us about implementing Content Pro as a turnkey or SaaS solution for easy maintenance.
Bringing Local Collections into the Light
"Video from our local Community Poets series, accessible through Content Pro, can be used in teaching, while our historic Binghamton postcard collection supports local community outreach," explains Edward M. Corrado, Head of Library Technology at Binghamton University [SUNY] (NY). "Content Pro does what it does well, without a lot of unneeded complexity, and also offers us the ability to integrate Content Pro items into our Encore system."
"Content Pro is more powerful and cohesive than other digital library tools because it's OAI compliant and easy to use by any staff member," says Aimee Fifarek, Technologies and Content Manager at Scottsdale Public Library (AZ). "Our local history project puts our expertise out there in a forum that people understand. Now, we're unleashing our history on the world."
In addition to these collections, more are being promoted by Content Pro at other libraries:
- University of San Diego (CA): San Diego College for Women Postcard Collection
- University of Western Ontario (Canada): Felix Blangini's "La Fée Urgèle" opera manuscript
- West Bloomfield Township Public Library (MI): Local Historic Society - 1976 Tornado Ephemera
Responding to the Needs of Today's Libraries
"Libraries asked for a tool that would give local collections broad exposure and modern presentation, while making the submission process easy enough for any staff member," says Product Manager Rice Majors. "Content Pro is the answer, and the projects that our partners have undertaken—whether they are exposing archival or digital media—fulfill the urgent need for libraries to 'show their stuff' in a competitive online information environment. Complementing their Content Pro portal with accessibility via Encore, Research Pro, metadata aggregators, and search engines gives users many paths to unique collections. With Content Pro's features, libraries are effectively putting their unique resources in the search-and-discovery flow of their users."
About Innovative Interfaces
Innovative Interfaces (www.iii.com) dedicates its energies to meeting the needs of libraries and the challenges of library automation. The company has fulfilled this mission with first-rate services and products such as the Millennium integrated library platform, INN-Reach resource sharing, Electronic Resource Management, and the Encore discovery services platform. Today, thousands of libraries of all types in over 40 countries rely on Innovative's products, services, and support. The company is located in Emeryville, California with offices around the world.